Lets get real!! How many of you Hate Bama??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

YES! I do but I hate Florida a lot more though:hihi:

4. TigerCliff

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm going to come out of the closet big time on this one. :).

I used to hate Alabama because when I went to LSU, we could never beat them...no matter how good we were. In fact, I'm sure that's one of the reasons LSU fired Charlie Mac...a coach with an 80% winning record.

I remember driving all the way to Birmingham in 1974 to see us play Bama when they were #1 and we were #5 only to see us lose 35-0 with the game ending with Bama on the one yard line taking a knee 3 times to end the game.
    Talk about a long, sad drive home!!

I also remember driving to Birmingham in 2005 fleeing hurricane Katrina and arriving in Birmingham essentially not knowing a soul there. The people I met opened their hearts and helped me and my family like you wouldn't believe. From the lady who donated a townhouse she owned to us with no questions asked...to the lady in the line at WalMart who bought us a Bible when we didn't have any money left and were waiting for the $2,000 dollars from FEMA to be deposited in our account; the citizens of Alabama showed such charity and kindness to me and all the other refugees who landed there.

I would wake up and open the front door to the apartment and bags of food and supplies were there anonymously on the front porch on more than one occasion. I met the Governor, Bob Riley, who invited me to go to Montgomery and cook for him and some of his friends...and who gave me his personal phone number in case I needed anything, and who invited me to stay in Alabama.

The Baptist church in Chelsea, Alabama, in particular, paid attention to our well being...me being a devout Catholic notwithstanding...and prayed for us every day. They even paid me to cook for the refugees from St Bernard who were living in campers at Oak Mountain state park on several occasions.

When we returned to Louisiana, it was a long, sad drive home because we left our hearts with all my new friends in that state.

I hope LSU wins Saturday like you won't believe. I'll live and die with our team along with all the rest of us Tigers...but I can't say that I hate them.

...In fact they're now my second favorite SEC team...but this week...TIGERBAIT !!!:tigereye:.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I don't hate Bama or their fans. They are a proud program and treat rival fans with respect. Especially when you visit for a game as a rival fan. I DO want LSU to beat Bama more than any other team right now because they are the next best program in the SEC west right now.

Well, ok I lie a bit, I want LSU to beat Ole Piss more than I want to see LSU beat Bama. We can lose to Bama, but if we lose to Ole Piss, then that is hard to stomache. I effin hate those Ole Piss bastids and eveyrthing they stand for. They really can go to hell. I truly do HATE Ole Piss!

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great story. Which begs for a clarification. I don't hate all people from the state of Alabama, just the ones the live, die, and breath the air of the Crimson Tide. Ok, you can add the Barners in there too, not real fond of them either. One of the great things about being an SEC fan is you can hate just about any one of the rival teams we face. UF- really hate em, Ole Piss - really hate em, Hogs -hate em, Dogs - hate em, Vols - hate em, etc - hate em. But none as much as the Bammers. :geaux: :LSU231:

8. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

The funny thing about this whole "hate" situation is that whenever we play eachother we talk smack and berate the other's team but it is almost like an exclusive club.

If an OSU, t.u., USC Condom, Notre Dame or any other school's fans talked smack about an SEC team or the SEC in general there would be hell to pay from any of the fanbases in the SEC. We are quick on the gun to defend our conference.

It is kind of like the "Older Brother, Younger Brother" mentality: I can pick on him but you can't...that's my privilege, not yours and he could kick your a$$ anyways.

9. TigerCliff

Ok

If we are telling the truth! I like coach Saban!! ok I said it!! I love what he did for LSU! One of my best friends lives and dies with Bama! I pull for Bama because I don't like to see that look on his face!

I hate Bama this week!!!

I won't to see my buddy with that look on his face Monday!!!

Of course Bama folk are good folk! Not everyone gets to be born in Louisiana!!:milesmic:

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Ok, now you've gone over board. I give Saban credit for what he did for LSU, and acknowledge that he is a great coach. I admit that he brought the swagger back to the Fighting Tigers, but that is where it ends. He is now a Bammer and he gets no love for that.:geaux: :LSU231: