Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Life is all about groups

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsu99, Feb 17, 2014.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I was reflecting over the weekend about all of the groups that I'm somewhat a part of and it's mind boggling. Big groups that I only have a very small part such as LSU, Saints fan, Houston area, south Louisiana, and American.

Mid sized groups such as my employer, the gym, my high school graduating class, and even Tigerfan.

Smaller groups are much more interesting though. My family has about 5 distinctly separate groups alone. Friends/acquaintances many more. Some groups have ceased to exist while others continue without me (such as pickup basketball at the gym by my old house with most of the same guys).

Of the hundreds of groups that you identify with, what are your favorites? Which do you miss the most that are no longer around?
  2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Veteran Member

I'm more of a small group kind of guy. I enjoy the company of a few close friends and their wives/girlfriends. We usually all get together at alternating houses for cookouts and drinking. Mostly happens during football season, mardi gras, christmas and new years holidays. These are people that I hear from on a normal basis all year round though either by phone, text, or random visits as well.

I do miss some of my bros from the neighborhood back in the day. Guys that I met in first grade and grew up with all the way through high school graduation. Junior high spread us a little thin, and of course graduating high school sent us all in random directions. But when I think back, even being young, it's amazing the effect on your life some of the people you run across in life have.
    fanatic likes this.