Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

List Your Favorite Websites

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

We are creatures of habit. I read one day where we all constantly visit the same 5 websites.

What are your favorite websites? Why? List them out.

I'll start.

Mine are kinda boring:

1. reddit.com this website is sort of a one-stop-shop for entertainment, humor, news, research, etc. I highly recommend it if you don't already visit it every day.

2. Tulane.edu Now that I'm done with school (December) I'm not on here nearly as much, but I'm still on alot taking care of shit for graduation, etc.

3. Tigerfan.com I've been coming here for years and probably will for the foreseeable future

4. Twitter.com If you know how to use Twitter, it's an amazing tool...also very entertaining

5. a bunch of bullshit banking websites like MarketWatch.com that are too boring for me to want to explain.
  2. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

I can believe that comment about the 5 repeats.

1. Tigerfan.com.....duh

2. Facebook

3. nola.com

4. accuweather

5. iRacing.com
  3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

Cracked.com, TigerFan.com, WBRZ (not so much the website as much as the app), HuffPost.com (although this one is becoming more sensationalist by the day).

I would say Facebook, but that's become more of something that I scroll through when I'm taking a shit. It's become little more than people taking pictures of their lunch (see also: future shit), dogs, them doing "good deeds", or where they currently are, and it's slowly making me hate them, so I try to keep it to a minimum. The content from my "liked" pages is often far more interesting.
  4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I am a creature of habit and view the same 5-10 websites most of the time. I'll probably check back with this thread later to get ideas for new sites to check out.

1. Tigerfan (only one that I actively participate other than rare Facebook comment on someone's post).
    2. Facebook - I admit that I check often out of curiosity about people I know well or barely know
    3. Twitter - I view on my phone although not as regularly lately
    4. Tigerdroppings - Never set up account but view it often
    5. woodlandsonline.com - site for the area that I live with news, classifieds, etc.

I view reddit every once in awhile and accuweather somewhat regularly. Msn.com and chron.com (Houston Chronicle site) also almost daily. During fantasy football season, cbssports.com since both of my leagues are on that site.
  5. Contained Chaos

I've never quite gotten into reddit. Maybe I don't know how to use it properly or where to look, but the interface is just god-awful. It looks like a message board from the late 90s.
  6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

1. Tigerfan, of course. Like others, this is the only site I really participate in.
    2. Texts From Last Night. This is usually part of my morning routine. Some funny stuff there.
    3. Twitter. But I mostly use it as a news reader. I've had an account for a couple of years and don't think I've tweeted more than 100 times. But I read the hell out of it, I've got to admit.
    4. Boring work sites, probably the most interesting of which is vinelink.com that allows you to see where incarcerated people in Louisiana -- and other states -- are incarcerated.

Don't do Facebook. I've got an account but a crazy case years ago scared me off of it and most other social media.
  7. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

I only actively participate on a couple of sites, and while I have a FaceBook I only check it out once or twice a month... reading everyones daily activity log gets really old... I don't really care what someones daily chore list is or what drama people are involved with.

1. TigerFan
    2. Twitter
    3. MarkZonasOutdoors
    4. FishBumOutfitters and other fishing apparel sites
    5. Hospital career sites
  8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

can't believe this thread has 6 posts and the pickle kisser one has 6 fucking PAGES.

FML
    TigersTailgating likes this.
  9. Contained Chaos

You missed your cue to tell me why reddit is so much awesomer than I think it is. Shouldn't there be a button or something that makes it look like it's from this century?
  10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You have to want reddit. It's not easy to navigate, I'll give you that, but start at the front page and read articles and comments and then go from there. Reddit literally has everything.

For me

1. TigerFan
    2. Twitter
    3. Reddit
    4. Geaux247
    5. Facebook

That's in no particular order