Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

"Listening" to a song in its entirety in your head

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsu99, May 5, 2014.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My sleep schedule has been off lately, mostly due to short naps to stay up late for the NBA playoff games and then not being able to fall asleep after the games. I've had a lot going on at work also, which makes it difficult to shut my mind off when trying to sleep.

I've found that it helps relax me to "listen" to a song in my head while trying to sleep. I've always had part of a song play in my head but had never attempted to listen to an entire song until recently.

Even with some of my favorites, it can be difficult to play the entire song in my head (for various reasons). I don't "hear" every little sound (instrument) and it is also likely is playing at a faster pace than if I were to actually listen to it.

Just curious if anyone else ever listens to an entire song in their head.
    LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

I really worry about you bro
    LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon

I never hear voices, but I do hear music sometimes. It's been Bob Marley all week.
  4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Playing some Bob Marley on the piano always puts me in a good mood. Or listening to it. Or listening in my head.
  5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Not sure if serious but the original question was a serious one. I had never realized that it was so difficult to listen to an entire song from beginning to end until I tried.

This site is my outlet for my random thoughts. It's not like I actually talk about these things with people I know.

I won't start another thread for this next random thought but realized the other day that I would not trade my life for anyone else's in the world. If I could somehow magically "become" some billionaire or celebrity but have to leave my friends/family behind and never see them again, I wouldn't even consider it. I wonder if most people would do the same or if I'm in the minority. I'm guessing it's about 50/50.

Perhaps I should tone down my random thoughts given that I would be self conscious about telling someone my User ID if this site came up in conversation with someone that I knew.
  6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

I cant quite recite an entire song in my head, but I can get pretty close.

I bet if I played music that I could do it with ease.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Naw brah. Keep it coming. No reason not to.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon

Probably 50-50. I know a number of people who hate their life. I like my life just fine, but it would be interesting to see what another life would be like. As long as we're discussing the impossible, why not just be another person for a week?

A week as Mick Jagger in the 60's might be fun.

Or a week as Pontius Pilate in AD33. "Suspended sentence. Take your ass back to Galilee"
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Exactly , I wasn't trying to get you to stop. In fact I think its quite fascinating. Keep em coming.
    Cajun Sensation likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One day as Michael Jordan on the day of an NBA Finals game 7.

Or a week as Bill Gates before I go back to being myself. I could put all Bill's money into the Bengal B Foundation
    shane0911 likes this.