Longhorns disrespecting LSU and our AD...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KTeamLSU, Jun 14, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

My neighbor already has his UT crap all over the place....

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Horn supporters have had a ax to grind with Skip for some time. On June 3, Kirk Bohls wrote a whiney column in the Austin paper blaming Skip's membership on and influence over the committee selecting 9 SEC teams for the tournament. Bohls' shoddy work probably contributed to the notion that Skip is the devil.

4. Bama My Heart

Bama My Heart Founding Member

Isn't this the same team from Texas that embarrassed their university by not coming out and accepting the 2nd place trophy in the world series? It is the responsibility of a coach to teach these young men about sportmanship as much they do about how to win.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Excuse me? Since when?

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

No different then whats said on everyother board by ever other fan ever. Thats how all fans are. Don't take what these other schools say so personal. Even though, in my opinion, athletically Texas is one of the top 5 schools in the country. LSU is in the same neighborhood as Texas. In regards to the guy puttin up the UT stuff, the guy who lives across the street from me is from Houston, during football season he puts up his Texans flag and stuff. I had to hear about how the chiefs lost to houston this year.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Now, see that is a difference between LSU fans and everybody else. My LSU "crap" is up in my yard all year (flag, garden sign, purple and gold flowers), while fans of other schools just put their flags out on game days.

In my neighborhood alone, I see the following schools represented: Virginia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, OU, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and of course, Texas Tech, Texas and A & M. I'm the only year-round school person. In fact, I've heard my house referred to as "the LSU house."

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I dont think it makes them any less of a fan b/c they dont have there stuff up all year round.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I didn't suggest that anyone was "less" of a fan. I was merely pointing out how ardent LSU fans are. The SEC school's fans I spoke of, in fact, stop by if I'm in my yard, and we talk about our respective schools. It's all in good fun.

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Sure would be nice to face the Whorns in the Rose Bowl this year.

You know what'd be classic? If Les puts Perrilloux in for a few series...and he gives them fits with his running ability and is the difference in an LSU victory. I saw Matt Jones give them fits when in Austin three years ago, and he did it again last year.