Look Back And Look Ahead

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Jan 8, 2011.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

A few notes on our past season and a looking ahead.

- I love LSU football and as another season passes i hope we appreciate just how good things are and have been. I know there are alot of people that dont like the way Coach Miles handles some things but if you step back he gets results.

- Les Miles has done more than just take over for Saban he has continued his return to prominence of a traditional football power. LSU is considered elite now and 11-2 seasons dont grow on trees. With Les they are more the norm and not the exception.

- Whether Les stays or returns to his life long dream LSU has been lucky to have him and i for one will always have a special place for his time at LSU whenever that ends. Thanks Coach Miles and i want you to stay for years and years.

- The state of our future looks bright no matter what happens. This incoming class is going to be elite and mixed with our past 2 or 3 years special things are on the horizon. Dont take this for granted LSU fans and enjoy the ride. Be able to step back and understand just how special this time is and is going to be for the forseeable future. Dont get caught up in a win or a loss but just let yourself enjoy the ride.

- SEC has to do something about the SEC office and the Bias that has developed for the Alabama schools. This includes the SEC officiating because it is an embarrassment to our league. Our conference has too much money to let subpar and corrupt officials remain.

- Cheating has been taken to levels unseen in college football and thanks to USC situation and Auburn situation where it goes unpunished until the damage has been done and the cheaters are rewarded by NCAA weakness it will be important for conferences to step up and get this back under control.

- It is also imperative that the Bowl System needs to change to include a playoff in the very near future. I cant imagine being a fan of TCU or Auburn in the years they were undefeated and not allowed to compete for the MNC. College Presidents have no more excuses and it has been shown bowls are costing needed revenue for the NCAA in order to support the rising costs to run smaller sports.

I always have a 2 or 3 week glum after LSU football ends untill National Signing day gets me thinking and upcoming LSU Baseball and Spring Football. LSU football brings me a lot of joy in my life and living in California the internet,Dandy Don,Tigerbait, This site, and my family bond of talking LSU sports is an important part of my life and has always been a way for my brother and dad and me to stay connected. That love has been passed from generation to generation and to see the kids in our family embrace that love is a great feeling.

Tiger fans are the best even though we have our family squablles when it comes down to it we have that common Love of what is the greatest University on the planet.

Tigerfans thanks to Les our future is bright no matter what happens.

God Speed Les Miles.

And God Bless The LSU Tigers.

2 people like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nah, it's being SEEN, finally. :lol:

Oh, I wouldn't call what the NCAA handed down to USC going unpunished either- by a longshot.

The NCAA has hired a new Legal Cheif and he happens to be an LSU alum. I bring you
    Latham Partner Donald Remy.

Great to see you moving around though!

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

my point is the punishment comes after they get to experience the glory and reward for their cheating.

Auburn will eventually get its punishment too but it will come a long time after those cheating sob's have played in the mnc.

Got to get the SEC office out of Bama and get that stooge Slive fired.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Reggie giving back the Heisman is minor chit to me. USC should really have to forfeit the 2004 NC since a major offensive contributor was deemed ineligible at the time of the game.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh I see what you mean. I agree too. One of my friends asked what I thought about Cam's Heisman and it possibly getting stripped. I told him it's better to have and be taken away than to never have had imo. :lol: