Looks like a long year coming up for the Gumps........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STRIPES, Aug 8, 2005.

1. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Brodie Croyle has gotten beat up for years at Bama behind their OL. Now these guys are going to protect Brodie Croyle?

Bama's OL has 1 player returning with any kind of substantial playing time and will have a two-deep full of young and inexperienced players and will have several RS Freshmen and possibly a true Freshman on it.

Here is a ranking of Offensive Lines in the country. LSU is #4.
    Check out #90.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Preview/UnitRankings_OffensiveLine.htm

2. clair

clair Rockets

welp... that my friend is why i didnt vote them in my top 25

3. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

They Will Still Get Lots of Love, and Here's Why

When you look at their schedule, they'll start 4-0, and everyone will be talking about how "the Tide is back!!!"

Injuries along the line, and just plain inexperience will begin to show themselves when the Gumps get into the heart of their schedule.

They will lose four of their last seven and nudge Ole Wuss out of its usual spot in Shreveport.

Bummer will finish 7-4 and talk will be of an impending dynasty in Tuscaloser.

Nothing could be farther from the truth, since they will not have a single win over a team with a winning record.

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Watcha expect at a school where the basketball coach makes more than the football coach?

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I hope they lose at least 11 games. :hihi:

6. wingman

wingman Founding Member

Bama will be improved very little over last year with just a healthy Croyle as the difference this year. They'll live & die on their Dee, one of the best. Croyle has never stayed healthy for long and I was never impressed with him anyway.

Best scenario: Alabama will win 7 games & make a bowl if Croyle stays healthy.

Alabama has absolutely no chance when a red hot LSU team comes to town.
    :crystal:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if croyle stays healthy bama will be greatly improved on offense. if anyone saw spencer pennington last year then you know a blind man would be a great upgrade.

dont discount the bummers so quickly. solid d and a semi healthy brodie could surprise.

i forgot though, urban meyer sucks and bama has no shot.