Looks Like Kerry Has Been Lying - I Mean "Misspeaking" - Again

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by marcmc99, Aug 20, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know whose my opinions would be if they weren't mine. What you are trying to say? I don't cut and paste without putting the link up for people to see where it came from. You confuse me with Smax, the mad paster.

Look, I conduct research for a living. I know how to find data, assess it, and draw conclusions. You may rest assured that my opinions are my own. I don't hesitate to to back up my assertations with some evidence from the net, Martin and Marc would demand it. But I don't plagerize! I post links to internet sites to support my comments, because this is an informal internet forum. You don't really expect everybody to start adding footnotes, citations, and bibliographies, do you?

As far as stepping back and looking at the other side . . . I have, Tirk. More than you have, I imagine. I'm an independent centrist and have voted republican more times than democrat in the last 30 years. I don't vote by party or ideology. I vote for the smartest, most pragmatic, and sensible candidate.

If I am "spewing garbage", then why not just let me make a fool out of myself. It's much more effective to allow someone to discredit themself, than to try to accuse them. So I'll just shut up now and give you the floor . . . :wink:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Anybody who votes for Kerry is ignorant. Period!

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I know a couple of marines fighting in this "WAR" so the Democrats and you call it. It hasn't been a war in a while, although we are waging a "war" on terror, this is no different than peace keeping efforts in Kosovo or Afganistan. The war is over, the media hypes propaganda to make it seem worse than it is. And drama loving idiots buy into it. We are winning the peace keeping mission, the terrorists have been reduced to grabing citizens and contractors that are "unarmed".

No one and I REPEAT no one is going to walk on OUR MARINES! they are an elite fighting machine. I posted a report many months ago fron Gunny Sgt Carl. ( I'm not going to post his last name, suffice it to say he is a mustang NMRA racer ) Anyway, the regular Army is not USUALLY in the hot spots now, like they were.

No matter how hap hazard and depleted they are there is no soldier on this planet that is the equal of our Marines, they are killers without remorse, trained to be so, and have the greatest technology that any fighting unit could employ. The regular army doesn't hold a candle to these guys.

The marines are in the problem areas and even the news can't hide the fact that these "problem" areas are getting fewer and farther apart and when they do crop up they are QUICKLY taken care of. Look at the latest Muslim cleric and how he "wants" a cease fire. Word from the Marines in the hot spot is he HAD to give the f**K up or git his ass handed to him. Cease fire was the " honorable" way out.
    Man you rely on the LIBERAL PRESS too damn much.

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

It is the madness of folly, to expect mercy from those who have refused to do justice; and even mercy, where conquest is the object, is only a trick of war; the cunning of the fox is as murderous as the violence of the wolf.

We fight not to enslave, but to set a country free, and to make room upon the earth for honest men to live in.

Quotes by Thomas Paine

Protection against government is now not enough to guarantee that a man who has something to say shall have a chance to say it. The owners and managers of the press determine which person, which facts, which version of the facts, and which ideas shall reach the public.
    The modern press itself is a new phenomenon. Its typical unit is the great agency of mass communication. These agencies fan facilitate thought and discussion. They can stifle it…. They can play up or down the news and its significance, foster and feed emotions, create complacent fictions and blind spots, misuse the great words and uphold empty slogans.

Quotes from Commission On Freedom Of The Press,

4. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Yes, this is copy and pasted. Get over it.

big·ot [​IMG] ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (b[​IMG]g[​IMG][​IMG]t)
    n.
    One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.A person who regards his own faith and views in matters of religion as unquestionably right, and any belief or opinion opposed to or differing from them as unreasonable or wicked. In an extended sense, a person who is intolerant of opinions which conflict with his own, as in politics or morals; one obstinately and blindly devoted to his own church, party, belief, or opinion.

SabanFan is a Right-Wing Bigot. Thats my opinion.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the monkey has spoken :dis:

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

there is no way anyone around here is a bigger bigot than i am. in fact i am racist too, and i think all your religions are retarded. also unless you mostly agree with me on political issues, you are being a fool.

anyways it is good you are calling other people bigots. i am sure you are very open minded and have no irrational likes or dislikes. i think you deserve an award.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

:usaflagwa Kerry '04 :usaflagwa

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That was a great post. Too many people are suckered in by the liberal media and have bought in to the "unnecessary war" and "senseless deaths" thing. I will keep beating this horse because it is not close to being dead yet. There are millions of crazies out there who are devoting their entire being to killing innocent Americans (you, me and our families). They must be stopped and if a few of our young people have to die in the process, so be it. It's the price of being an American. :911:

Edit: At age 18, in 1967, I volunteered to give 4 years to my country. This was during the height of the Viet Nam war. How many young people on this forum can honestly say that they would do that now. If you cannot honestly say that you would then I really don't care what you have to say.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

selfrighteous adj.
    1. High-mindedly sure of one's own righteousness.
    2. Righteous in one's own esteem.
    3. excessively or hypocritically pious.
    [syn: holier-than-thou, moralistic, sanctimonious]

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

and you are a radical left wing bigot.
    I don't know where you came from all of a sudden around here but I'm willing
    to bet if Kerry loses this election you will disappear off the face of the forum.

Could you have come out of Cottonbowls bowels?
    Thats my opinion.