Los Angeles Dodgers file for bankruptcy-Poor Zach Lee?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Jun 27, 2011.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i agree 110% re: mark cuban.

plus zach lee knew this when he was signing with them that they had serious financial problems.

2. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Zach looks to be doing well in the minors with a 5/1 record and a 3.47 ERA.

Here's the link...
    Zach Lee Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

I remember reading that if a team defaults on player's payroll, then that player becomes a free agent. My guess is that Zach has already cashed a rather large signing bonus and if he continues to win at an .833 clip, he's not thinking about coming back to football and will have no trouble continuing his lucrative employment in baseball.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Mark Cuban is better for sports because he actually cares more about winning than he does about making money. No way are the faceless owners of the Pirates, Padres, or whatever other small budget teams that have no interest in ever fielding a winning team a better owner than Cuban.

4. ASD

ASD ASD

WHAT???? I was a Dallas resident until a year ago (new Orleans native)and I would gladly put up with his antics because his priority is WINNING! Im sure alot of basketball fans that dont like him as an opponents owner would gladly take him in a heartbeat. Dallas would be nothing if he hadn't taken over. That is not even up for debate. Sometimes annoying? Yes. Passionate and 100% committed to winning? Absolutely! I wish the hornets had him as the decision maker. He is a rare commodity as far as owners go. Ur disdain for him obviously has nothing to do with winning. He has done nothing wrong. He is outspoken, yes. But he even picked up the tab for the parade. What else do you want????

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's baseball and their smug arrogance. He is a jeans and t shirt billionaire. Baseball is turning into cricket. Say ole fellow, might we go down to the pitch for a spot of tea before watching the Red Sox bat? Why yes ole chap.

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah he knew what he was getting into. He should have gone to Auburn though if he needed to be sure he'd get his paychecks on time. They never miss payroll.