Losing a game is cooling a gumbo...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GetBackToWork, Nov 24, 2007.

1. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

Losing a game is like cooling a gumbo...

...the scum surfaces from below.

Please go away. Find another team to "support". Sure the loss hurts, and yes, mistakes were made. With every loss, mistakes are made and various people are at fault, but to trash them? I'm not very happy, nobody here is in a good mood, and I'm more than certain the team is not feeling all that great today as well. The garbage comments from people who have "held back until today", though, deserve to be held back for good. If the staff and team are such chumps today, why didn't you say so after the other 10 games? Same people...similar game plan...where were you?

1 person likes this.
  2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Some did.

And my gumbo doesn't have scum. :huh:

3. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post, but I do not worry about those type of people, they are not true fans to me. Those kids on that team give their all, every game. And I do call them kids, cause I think that is what they are. They are in college, most of them are away from their family, yet they go out there every Saturday and do what they love to do. And then they get trashed because they lose.

I will always support the Tigers, and that also goes for whoever is coaching them too.

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:
    :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  4. tigerhoss

tigerhoss Founding Member

I agree 100%

If these folks had been a kid (like me) when Charlie Mac was "terrible" because he could only go 9-2 or 10-1 every year and could not beat Bear Bryant (because there was a line of coaches stretching around the block who could do that!) and seen him fired they would understand. We were up and down for three decades. Had some a couple of Mac-like years with Arnsparger, but basically spent a lot of time deciding whether we had a 7-4 team or a 3-8 team.

Then we get the Saban/Miles daily double and MILES IMPROVES ON SABAN'S WINNING PERCENTAGE. But he's supposed to be a jerk and a loser because we do not have another national title yet, and he has had THREE WHOLE YEARS TO GET ONE!!

Well guess what sunshine, OU has been marking up 10-2 and 11-1 seasons for a lot longer trying to get their second title. What's the last team to get two titles in 15 years? (ESPN would have you believe USC has 14 of the last 15, but their trophy case only has one crystal ball in it last I looked).

So these "fans" who are really little more than glitter covered leeches long to win without effort, and probably never having worked to achieve even one single successful moment in their lives, need to jump off the bandwagon -- the Patriots bus will be around in five minutes to pick you up. And most of their fans will be trembling in their seats hoping no one finds the Colts jersey and Yankees ball cap they've tucked into their closet.

Great regular season Tigers. Congratulations on what will be a cherishable memory for the rest of your lives. And tear 'em up in the SEC Championship and bowl game yet to be played.

If you get beat in either of those there are still plenty of us who will be to say "those are OUR Tigers and we are proud and happy for them!"

5. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

In the last 15 years, Nebraska and Florida State.

6. tigerhoss

tigerhoss Founding Member

And boy do we want to be in their shoes today, right?

7. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I agree 100% with the comments above. I am proud of the fight in our team this year. I personally believe our team was running up hill all year long, here's what we faced to start the season:

#2 pre season ranking, lots of media and fan expectations, 4 players lost to the first round NFL draft, new OC, new ol line coach, starting qb with one full game of experience, best qb (perriloux) maybe not ever going to play, top RB is a FB, great group of young RB's but no real long term game experience, one all-american receiver, next best receiver with 5 catches last year, all other receivers freshman/sophomores/jc transfer with no college catches (i'm not counting tight ends), OL is young and not deep, two starting OL switched from DL last year, LB's thin on experience, secondary has 2-3 seniors, all other db's are young and lack game experience, and don't forget, we also have a coach that has questionable ability, and we are expected to win the National Championship!!!

That is, in my opinion how we started the season. i think a lot of fans think we are a team of under acheivers. i agree and i disagree. i think our team was a young team. we do have some key players at certain positions, but i feel we had more question marks to begin the season. in order for this lsu team to be national championship caliber, regardless of whether or not we have more athletes than the other teams (and we do), we needed to improve each week and our end result was not that. i feel like this team, to be so young and inexperienced, achieved a lot and still can finish with the seccg and the sugar bowl title and be an end of the season top 5. maybe the difference with this team was coaching or maybe it was a young team that did not mature during the season? Either way, the "fans" should give the Tigers and Les Miles a little bit of credit for a great season, for what they accomplished and for what they still can accomplish.
    :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A lot of people on here were disturbed by our play on the defensive side of the ball for weeks now.

DownOnTheBayou was probably leading the charge and has called for a much more aggressive blitzing defense (ala the first 3 games of the season). And he's been doing so week after week. He was being bashed for it. "Why you question a team that is #1?". Well now you know why. He knew better. Others just like to turn and walk away from the potential problems that lie ahead.

Many also questioned how McCray seemed to be a weak link in our D when he was on the field. Others said "oh he's doing fine, why you bashing the young man?", "The coaching staff knows what they are doing", etc. Well just maybe they were wrong.

So don't necessarily bash the ones who are perceived as "popping out of the woodwork", as many had already sent out ominous warning signals.

Hell if Dick would have thrown a 25 yard touchdown pass to a wide open receiver because we blitzed and missed on that 4th and 10, I would be content. But we didn't. And for that you just have to wonder what could have been.

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Awesome post. Dead-on. :thumb:

10. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

OU did it in 1985 and 2000.