Loudest Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, May 19, 2006.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

thank you for the site. u all got a few votes as well. the best thing was that they seemed to be very homerish and still had to give us some nods

3. The Gov.

The Gov. Founding Member

I know all of us will pick Tiger Stadium, but what are yalls top 10 loudest stadiums? These are some of the loudest games I have been to.

1. LSU/Tiger Stadium/Earth shakers baby!
    2. Florida
    3. Tennesse
    4. "The Shoe"
    5. Michigan
    6. Texas A&M
    7. Penn State
    8. Auburn
    9. USC
    10. Va. Tech

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I've been to Neyland Stadium...I'd rank it a lot lower on the list...maybe 8th.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Michigan Stadium does not deserve to be top 10, all they do is clap all the time....it just gets annoying after a while....pretty sad for the team with the largest stadium
    And after last year i'd put Bryant-Denny on there, it got pretty loud last year....too bad it was the LSU fans and not the Bama fans but it got loud :grin: :grin:

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Exactly... plus the sound doesn't "echo", if that's the word.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Tripsleft117
    Frosh
    (5/19/06 8:53:06 pm)
    Reply Re: Loudest stadium out there
    LSU is LOUD, but their fans are horrible. they're all drunk and have thrown many various objects at opposing teams' teams and cheerleaders. one of my friends was a friend of an Ole Miss cheerleader who had to get stitches in her forehead because of a thrown beer bottle.

BuckNatty123
    Junior Varsity
    (5/19/06 8:54:51 pm)
    Trailer park trash.

scarlett2002
    Varsity
    (5/19/06 9:28:50 pm)
    I will follow my Buckeyes almost everywhere (Austin this year), but deep South SEC country is where I have my limits. Saw what the LSU fans were like in New Orleans when they were in the Sugar Bowl (was there to celebrate New Years). I can extrapolate what a big time SEC game against our program would lead to. I will follow my mom's advice and not say anything at all about the fans I encountered because I have nothing nice to say about them. However since there are only a couple programs in that conference that would even schedule a Northern opponent I won't have to worry about missing a big time roadtrip.

Edited by: scarlett2002 at: 5/19/06 9:36:36 pm

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I can understand (but not tolerate) the beer bottle incident since it was Ole Piss and it's a "rivalry." But, the trailer park comment is off the mark... Seriously, the BR area around LSU's campus is about the nicest area you'll find in the SEC and the only trailers you'll see are the game day crews' trailers... or the big LSU truck.

And lastly, the third comment is just plain retardation. Don't go to New Orleans for New Years and expect not to see a lot of drunk individuals. Sorry fella, we do have some obnoxious fans, but don't confuse New Orleans' scum with our true fan-base...

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

As far as loud venues... I've only been to a handful of major college games (excluding at TS) including: Texas AM, War Memorial in LR (3 times,) Ole Miss and The Swamp, plus some more that need not be mentioned. LSU was playing in all of the games but ATM and ranking from best to worst would be: Florida, ATM, Ole Miss and last, AND definitely least, War Memorial (understandable since it's not their real stadium.) Of course LSU has its moments too ;) Seriously, and it's not just the noise that makes Tiger Stadium the greatest. It's the tradition... actually MORE than tradition, it's just a way of life. It's implanted into everyone's heart at birth... I think it's genetic. Sure every college has its traditions, but LSU exceeds that. Kids have LSU birthday parties. LSU gear is used as centerpieces in MANY homes. It's the topic of conversation when there is nothing else to talk about (other than politics.) I've never seen a more loyal following and that includes pro sprts. I can go on forever listing what LSU means to me, but in the end, it's just something you either "have" or "have not." I'm sure glad that I "have" it.

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ohio State fans talking bad about us is hilarious as they have a history of rioting after victories, complete with setting cars on fire. The administration also had to apologize twice this year for harrassment and mistreatment of opposing fans.