Love those purple jerseys.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDAN, Jul 22, 2004.

1. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Be careful what you say around here. You might get slammed by so called traditionalists for liking the purple jerseys :lol: . As for me, I like the purple jerseys and wish we would wear them in big games. It would be cool to play a big SEC night game in Death Valley wearing the purple jerseys. I am not saying do away with the white ones, just that we wear the purple jerseys in games that have some sigifiance instead of wearing them for two of our cupcake games.

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Dan, I guess it is all a matter of taste, and your opinion is no less valid than anyone else's. To me, LSU's white uniforms are among THE classic uniforms in college football. The fact that we are one of two colleges who wear white at home makes them even more special.

As for the purples, I don't mind them coming out for non-conference home games - but I wish they would change the design and take the stripes off the shoulders. The Minnesota Vikings have the shoulder stripes on the white uniforms but not for the purples, and both sets of jerseys look good.

I just pray that somewhere down the line we don't screw with them and make them hideous like Oregon, BYU, etc.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Nike will be responsible for that....its kinda obvious why they make them that way since people are continually talking about Oregon's while Nike could care less how they actually look as long as they are getting more pub because of the hideousness.

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I'd say wear them for two home games a year, one in conference, one out of conference. I like them, they look sharp, but the white ones are still the traditional ones and I prefer them over the purple ones.

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

BRING BACK THE FULL SHOULDER STRIPES!

THE HALF STRIPES SUCK!

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had never noticed or paid any attention to the half stripes of LSU or any other team until people on this forum started bitching about them last year. Now I can't watch any game pro or college without being annoyed by half stripes.

Thanks guys. You have ruined football for me.:dis: :po:

8. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I too wish they would bring back the full stripe on the shoulders.

I am so glad that we are at a point of beotching about uniforms instead of the coaches.

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I say where the purple. I know the white is classic, but lots of teams have the white jerseys. The purple and gold just catches your eye and makes you think of LSU.

10. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Is it just me or does the jersey that Corey has on has the full stripe and the one Spears has on is the half?