LSU 10th in new coaches poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Oct 12, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

saw it on ESPN just now

1. OU
    2. Miami
    3. Va Tech
    4. USC
    5. Georgia
    6. Wash St
    7. Fla St
    8. Ohio St
    9. Iowa
    10. LSU

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

overrated.

3. mesquite tiger

Hey richdog, explain why so. Our defense played exceptionally well except for 2 plays where they blew coverage on a blitz. They held Florida to under 300 yards total offense. They made some bonehead penalties to boot, but who doesn't with their emotions high and their backs against the wall?

The offense did not come to play, bottom line. No excuses for their performance, but Mauck needs to step up now and lead the offense through the second half of the season.

We are far from out of anything TF.COM members! There are only three teams undefeated right now, and 2 of them still have to play each other. We need to take care of our house and our business from here on out, and the BCS will come calling.

Remember the 2001 fiasco???

Get your damn chins up and support your team. If you want to sulk, I hear there are teams in New Orleans, Lafeyette, and Monroe that need fans.

4. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

WORD:geaux:

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Hard to guage alot on yesterdays performance. That is the same team that had the game won against #2 Miami a few weeks back. Its also a team who should have lost at Kentucky and did lose to Ole Miss, a team that had almost 600 yards put up on them. Lets see what happens next week at USC and if the overrated comment is fitting. I think #10 is a little high and is based on all of the upsets that happened.

6. mesquite tiger

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I hope the team realizes that . . .

I hope that the team realizes that, even though we are ranked 10th, we are going to have to get motivated FOR EVERY GAME, rather than just for selected games.

Ole Miss thinks that they have a better football team than LSU right now, and they intend to prove it on the field. I know that they are not our next opponent, but believe me, Ole Miss and our other opponents will be studying the LSU-Florida game film very carefully.

We are going to have to adjust our attitudes and other things, because our enemies would like nothing better than to see LSU repeat our performance in the Florida game.

OK, kids, vacation time is over. I hope everybody enjoyed the two-week break. The Bible says that there is a time for War, and now is the time.

:geaux:

:lsug:

8. danky

danky Founding Member

Auburn is at 25....still no respect for the SEC in my opinion. But then again, they seem to play their best when expectations are not on them. We better have them circled.

9. Re: I hope the team realizes that . . .

Agreed, they will study it but I don't necessarily think they will find alot of strategic advantages. I think mostly what happened is that our guys just did not at all show up for the game. They were undisciplined and lazy. If we were intense yesterday, I dont think the story would have been the same, what a poor showing.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think that is about right. This is a team that got bamboozled by USC and also beaten by Ga. Tech. 25 is about right, I think...