LSU #2 in Coaches, #1 in AP Poll, #2 in Harris Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by areed7, Sep 30, 2007.

1. huangw

huangw Founding Member

So, this is the first time AP ranked LS #1 since 1958. This is a milestone for celebration.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Re: LSU #2 in Coaches, #1 in AP Poll!

There were 114 first place votes cast last week and only 112 this week according to ESPN. What's that all about? Just a misprint I would guess right?

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Nice to see the Tigers getting some press. But it's too early in the season and the schedule to get too excited about it. I'd honestly rather have them stay at #2 so that the USC target stays fresh in all the players' minds. Since none of this matters but the BCS poll, it's sort of a inconsequential complement anyway. But, like I said, nice to see the Tigers on top.

:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Re: UCoaches poll keeps LSU @ #2

Maybe because the coaches, if they believe that LSU is committed to not playing the best 22 players available on each side of the ball (and, in particular, behind the center on offense) at all times, want LSU to prove their worthiness for that #1 spot.

Until then...

5. Gulffella

Gulffella Founding Member

I'll be rooting LSU on for all but one game of course, here's to hoping there's no stumbling blocks on your path (I said path no jinxing there) to "The" Game.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Has anyone ventured over there to find out what the condoms are actually saying?

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Not much...just laughing at us for actually admitting that there's something called an AP Poll...saying we haven't played anyone yet....the usual "SEC teams play a weak out of conference schedule"...crap.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My reaction on hearing the AP result was something like,"after the way we played yesterday? That's bizarre. Oh, well....cool." Can't get any more excited than that, especially not after pointing out to Condoms (on another forum) for the last four years that their '03 AP title is not the equal to our BCS championship. The AP is nothing but a beauty pageant. Nice to be popular, but in the end, it only matters if we win it on the field.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Most have been real and have been acknowledging LSU's strength. There's a little division with the AP poll but not much. The majority would like to see the same LSU/USC matchup that most of us to to. Here's one link:

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11764

10. K_Jay

K_Jay Founding Member

Will LSU get recognition from the national media if we are voted #1 at the end of the year in the AP poll but dont play in the national championship game?
    Any chance of that happening?