LSU 2nd "dumbest" sports program

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SyrTiger, Jan 20, 2011.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Did you catch if they said anything about facebook shuttin 'er down?

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Is this team member weighted - or does the 15 person basketball score count the same as the 90 person football score? If we get two genius golf players would the golf team bring up the whole score?

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Bama is the 12th smartest program?? I call BS. Then again it's the Daily Beast, so it's nothing but BS.

On the other hand it's good to see their football team putting those free textbooks to good use.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

ehh, polls like this are soooo irrelevant it's almost ridiculous. look at the "bottom 25" universities. if you WANTED a good education, you could do MUCH, MUCH worse than those 25 listed. some kids go to school for things OTHER than an education.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Exactly. A&M was like 12th or something. As much as I hate the aggies, I would never assert that A&M is not an excellent school.

7. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

APR suffers if players leave school without a degree. It's flawed when suggesting that an entire program is stupid because a few kids don't graduate. We had this discussion before, because if you noticed Syracuse is 6. They lost scholarships because players left early for the NBA. Somehow earning millions of dollars ASAP is a dumb decision...

Also, situations like Patrick Peterson can throw the rating way down. Since he declared, if he stopped going to classes and fails everything this semester, the APR will suffer. It doesn't mean the school is bad or people are stupid, it just means that he has bigger things to worry about, like the draft.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

well, i do think kids should finish the semester so they leave in good standing.

but to punish a school cause a kid is going pro to hopefully make money in his chosen profession, something he (in a way) went to school for, is ridiculous. it is punishing a program for being successful.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I didn't read it, but it sounds like a Big 10 publication.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I'd rather have :crystal: :crystal: