LSU ca Auburn game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

You know you're 75 and your habit of responding to people who make calm and rational discourse with you with childish antics under the guise of you trying to be funny just discredits you further.

Are you incapable of just having a conversation? You claim you're here to talk about football, I read that I think you were responding to tirk maybe when you said it, but you don't really. You have your guys you cheerlead for, you talk about what you think will happen (when you decide I guess it is worthy of so doing, sometimes you just say 50/50, who knows with you) and then when actual discussion happens you respond with..

YOU HATE O. YOU THINK O SUCK. I GET IT. I WONT AGREE UNLESS LOSE TO KENTUCKY.

Like what is that? Now I'm a Vulcan?

Just because Auburn beat us at home doesn't make them the more talented or better team. They got bragging rights, yep. They were the better team that night because Bo Nix channeled Johnny fucking Football.

That's why. And because O has our offensive staff so inept we can't even get plays called in.

If he'd actually given Russ Callaway the job he promised him, I PROMISE YOU last night goes very differently. Very differently. Go back and rewatch the Florida and Ole Miss games.

Every time Max was on the sideline he and Russ had a synergy and things even when they broke down got fixed quickly. He connected Max to E and E to Max and they made MASSIVE strides from the start of the year to the end. Mostly because Russ took over Linehan's job.

That's real data and real info. You?

You probably just accredit all of that to Ensminger cause you love you some E. I love Ensminger, but your hero worship of him almost makes me love the guy less. He's the most FOR LSU guy we've ever had. Kevin Faulk is right up there, but no one tops E. But you just say you love him and he gets no credit.

You don't actually discuss football. I think you could, but you don't really. When you're challenged you deflect.

I bring up all the deficiencies and problems with O, and I give you a list. Others have given you LONG lists of problems. You respond with deflections saying we just hate O, you get it. You're like a little kid with his hands over his ears because mommy and daddy are fighting and you start stomping on the ground.

Good freaking lord man. It's just football talk.

I can tell you exactly how I think this weekend could go. But honestly, who fucking cares what I think? I don't even care what I think about the game at this point. I really don't. O has failed. He's failed at EVERY aspect he said he would fix and remedy since the night of the title game in the dome.

He's ratcheted it up a level and in O fashion he's downed a few energy drinks and upped the ante in the pot. He's gone full reckless off the field, too. Making the chances of his future in this industry sketchy at this point. You act like we're happy we suck and we're happy O ruined everyone's time. You act like we want to be unhappy. I miss 2019. I want that back. Hell, I just miss 2018 where we showed some competence and got better as time went on.

There's been VERY little appreciable growth and development of this team. Only individual talents getting better based on how damn good they are. Todd Kinchen still made it to the NFL despite Curley Hallman. Booger made it. Faneca went to the Hall. Not all of them succeeded because of the coaches. Sometimes great players get there in spite of their circumstances. You can't fuck up Kayshon Boutte though our staff tried to in the second half it felt like. He's that good. You've mentioned we show signs of getting better.

We should be standing on Park Place about to hit Go waiting to collect $200 and the Auburn team we played should have been on like the light blue properties before jail, this Kentucky team maybe on the yellow properties, that Miss State team should have been right past Go on the two crappy purple spots. Instead we're neck and neck on the board with all these teams and Kentucky has actually got a whole corner of the board lead on us. We both still get to roll the dice. We might overtake them. We should overtake them easily, but that's how far back O has set us. It is what it is.

Your expectations are so low it's embarrassing. You live in fear of picking the wrong coach and things getting worse. We picked wrong the last two times and ended up with 2 nattys, should have had a third, and we actually have a credible AD for the first time picking the next guy.

Less antics and declarations from you and more actual football talk would be nice if you're going to keep posting so often. Ya well that's just like, my opinion, man.

kluke, LSU_4_LIFE and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

That is shared by others.

Brian likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Opinions all opinions isn't that what TF is about? Should dissenting opinions be banned and ridiculed or welcomed?

Hope this place stays free.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Man I have talked football with you till I am blue in the face. Go back and look. We have talked football you just don't agree. I have talked football with many others here but don't want to agree with me, no problem it's called my opinion vs your opinion. I don't agree with you that we need to fire O now. You don't agree with that. I will not go back and repeat all my football talk. If you don't like my post join the other "ignore is your friend" poster here. You don't want to talk football you want me agree with you that O needs to be fired now. You nor any poster will change my mind until I see us against Kentucky.

If you REALLY want to talk just football I will but I fear it would turn into fire O quickly. Let's talk just football and leave the fire O today crap at home.

I am ready

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  5. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Differing opinions are welcomed, at least in my mind. It would be nice if those offering differing opinions would come up with some new material. It gets beyond boring reading the same old sh*t post after post after post.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If you are talking about me I will elaborate. Since it seems and correct me if I am wrong I am the only SOB who thinks it's too early to fire O I am attacked by a hoard of posters with the same "you just don't see it" crap. It gets tiring so sometimes yes I post pics to make a quick point and it saves time. Yes I do that because they seem to always be on my ass. That's fine I prefer a good argument. However if they pound the same old "you are lame if you can't see O needs to be fired now" crap at me then I going throw it back at em. I have to keep saying over and over again "I going to wait for a few more games" because I get blasted over and over to agree we need to fire O now.

It is what it

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

The fans and/or posters on this board (including you) won’t decide if O is fired or not. As you’ve said, everyone has their opinion.

However, some people here actually have some inside sources a lot closer to the program than the average fan.

At this point it’s no secret. Both current and former LSU & national reporters and journalists are all saying the same thing. Ed’s days are numbered at LSU regardless of what the fans do or don’t want. Pete Thamel, Scott Rabalais, Bruce Feldman, Matt Moscona, Dan Patrick, the list goes on.

Most of us are just posting what we’re hearing and you’re upset with us, as if we are the ones who will make the decision or somehow have an impact on it.

It’s the same irrational thinking if you believe recruits actually read these boards or quite frankly give a damn what fans say. I can confirm 100% that they don’t.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

1. Yes I know I have no power to decide if O is fired
    2. I don't care about inside sources
    3. I don't agree with all those people that O's days should be numbered based on last year and so far this year
    4. I am not upset with the posters it's just the opposite they are upset with me, you know with my opinion you know as you said above we all have an opinion.
    5. You really actually think fans calling for a coaching change that the recruits are not aware of that? You dont think that affects their decision to come here? Really? Well I can confirm you are 100% wrong. Tell me you are kidding. There is some things called the internet, Twitter, Facebook, cell phones, ESPN, SEC Network and Paul Finebaum. You don't think these high school athletes don't talk to each other? Connect with each other on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms? Watch ESPN? Hear parents talk to each other?

Why would a kid want to commit to LSU with all this going on? Why would their parents want their kid to come here now? Just watch what happens as we get closer to signing day. Just watch the de-committements. If I thought it was time to fire O I wouldn't care about recruiting because we need a change. I think we are moving too fast.

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You’re entitled to your views, but I literally have 1st hand knowledge that recruits do not give 2 shits what fans post on message boards or social media or what paid pot stirrers like Paul Finebaum say.

A coach getting fired may absolutely sway theirs or their parents decision (not all but some as most will be Tigers no matter who the HC is because they’ve wanted to be a Tiger their whole life and their commitment is to LSU) but as far as the irrational fans opinions on Facebook, Twitter, etc. they don’t give 2 fucks about it. They have been trained to block out the noise and the crazy fanatics overreacting posts on message boards & social media for a long time. They laugh at it. Those are words directly out of a former players mouth.

If Ed gets fired, sure there will be de-commitments, just like there will be de-commitments as they sit and watch a top program crumble due to shitty coaching and player development. It’s a double edged sword.

But I can assure you, your post won’t sway a kids decision. Don’t flatter yourself.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I do agree we will keep the recruits that just want to be Tigers and yes we will lose recruits if the program in their view is crumbling and poorly coached. I also believe we could get some recruits we would not have gotten if we hire a slam dunk coach should O get fired. Where we part ways is I am not convinced the program is crumbling and in disarray and I am not sure there is a true slam dunk coach available right now. Not going to go over why I believe that you already know why I believe that.

BTW if rumors about O are proven true PROVEN than fire him now!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.