LSU Fall Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OhioTigerFan, Sep 30, 2003.

1. OhioTigerFan

OhioTigerFan Founding Member

I have seen where the Tigers baseball team has fall practice and inter-squad games. Why do they not play games against other Louisiana schools? In the East and Midwest, some colleges play a limited fall schedule (around 10 to 20 games).

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

How is my boy Chris McDougal doing this off-season?

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I had a class with him a couple years ago. I remember him saying he redshirted. So I guess that would make the upcoming season his Sophmore season. He is a big ol boy so it looks like he might have some power, but ive never seen him throw. I see him every so often out at the bars, he'll usually say whats up.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Bayou, tell him the Bopper says hi next time you see him. I went to school and played with him. Very nice kid.

He was on the roster during the regionals and CWS. Say him on the field and on the bench during the CWS

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I do know this

when I was playing we would play Tulane and UNO and seems like we were going to play LSU a couple of times in the Fall but it did not work out. We did not play full games they were 4 to 5 innings just to get used to game situation. I would bet that LSU will have a scrimage or two with Southern in the Fall. They just dont announce it. Its more like the coach will call up the other coach and say to you want to scrimage. I dout that LSU would travel around the state to play just going down the road is a different story.

But I have been wrong before.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Since real games wouldn't actually count in the season record or SEC standings maybe Smoke feels like intra squad games are more beneficial to the players developement. Sort of like spring practice in football. Still, if they would schedule a few games against teams like Southern, UNO, Tulane, Southeastern or Nicholls I wouldn't mind spending one of the cool fall days we have been having lately in Alex Box

7. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

I've read somewhere that they have the games only intrasquad because it helps a lot in developing them as a team and not a collective group of guys working out together everyday...team bonding I guess