LSU fallen out of favor with Nic Harris

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jan 19, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Kirby Smart had been recruiting him, and Nic said the last he heard was that Coach Miles would be getting in touch with him. Nic says that phone call was never made.

He now says its between OU and Michigan, with Miami having gotten into the picture as well.

How Miles cannot be interested in the #5 safety in the nation as well as a top 100 rivals player is beyond me.

2. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I have heard 3 reasons Miles never went after Harris.

1)Miles believes he is overrated. Harris apparently is not an every down type player and he was prone to giving up big plays.

2)The conspiracy theory is that Miles is letting Mich. have him out of respect for Carr and wanting to help out his school. Apparently Mich. really wants/needs this kid.

3)Saban advised him not to. Saban never really got on Harris' bandwagon and although he came for a visit he was never recruited hard. It took a long time for Saban and Co. to even look this kids way. See reason one as a compond to this.

I personally think that Saban's evaluation of this kid wasn't that high and that Miles didn't think that much of him either so he was scratched because Miles has bigger fish he wants to fry (Powe, Perilloux, etc.). With only limited schollys I think this makes the most sense.

3. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I've heard mixed opinions of Harris. I've never seen him myself so I can't say anything, but some people say he is great and others say he has problems. (football wise)

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There is absolutely, positively no freaking way a coach is going to let a kid go due to deference to a fellow coach, regardless of alum affiliation (as #2 above.) If any of you know of a situation where that's happened, do tell.

5. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Agree, just something I had heard and thought I would pass it on.

6. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I agree. Michigan's not signing Mile's check and I'm sure he doesn't want to be looking for a new job any time soon. He's not passing on anything for anybody.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agreed

Recruiting = cut throat

8. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Ishie Iduegedo (spelt wrong for sure) is back in the picture. And supposedly Miles thinks Ishie > Harris.

BTW Ishie can bring the FUNK....little undersized though.

And supposedly we are not out of it with Keys. And Keys >>>> Harris.

9. philter

philter Founding Member

HAHAHA!! That's great...and you're right. Anyone that can, watch his videos....if Ishie brings the funk, then his videos are FUNKADELIC!

10. Soap

Soap Founding Member

The answer is #1. Mike Scarborough, went to video tape him in one game and came away very unimpressed with Harris. Saids he gave up big plays, and didn't always give full effort.