LSU fans in Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Feb 10, 2004.

1. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Dallaslsufan, they get you with the property taxes. Independent school districts that have you paying 2500 a year to live where we do and you don't even have kids!

2. dallaslsufan

dallaslsufan Founding Member

Good point. But the tradeoff is almost even because of no State tax.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

dallaslsufan, you must live really close to me. Ridgeview Ranch, where I live, is just south of 121, in between Independence and Custer. Isn't Craig Ranch where the new TPC course is being built? That's just north of 121 and east of Custer, right?

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And to add to that point about having kids. It stinks not being near family when you have a little one.

We get to Louisiana to see my parents whenever we can, and they come to visit us in between, but when our daughter is sick, my husband or I always have to miss work.

Daycare isn't that bad for kids, though. It helps them become really social and independent--so that part is great. Plus, I'm not sure I'm one of those mommies who could be at home all of the time without going crazy and feeling out of touch.

5. dallaslsufan

dallaslsufan Founding Member

It sure is. The TPC is right across Main street from us. I wish I could play it, but it is $40,000 just to join! We are right at Custer and 720 (Main street).

We try to make it down to Lafayette or some one comes up as much as possible (about once every two months.) That is going to be very difficult when we have kids (about 3 years away.) That is why we plan on moving back. The biggest thing I miss is watching the big game with my dad and younger brothers. We normally watch the game and call each other back and forth throughout the game! My wife laughs at us. She is a little cajun girl so she understands. :)