Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

LSU finishes season ranked #14

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BRETT, Jan 7, 2014.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Highest ranked 10 win team.

I would contend any year LSU doesn't finish in the top 10 to be disappointing. If LSU was in any other conference it would be a different story. The SEC is a head above everyone else and a season's worth of playing each other takes it's toll.
    Rouxleaux and LSUDad like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

If you took out the Ole Miss loss, I think that's your dividing line from ultimately being a successful season to one of some disappointment.
  3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

10 wins is not a given. Good season. Real exciting offense. Was great seeing the forward pass. :)

Should have beaten Ole Miss.

Could have beaten Georgia.

I'll take it.
    gyver, ParadiseiNC and LSUTyga73 like this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Veteran Member

Is there anyone here that honestly believes that UCF is better than LSU? And then 4 spots better? Is there any doubt that Auburn, South Carolina, Missouri, or Alabama is better than UCF?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    Rouxleaux likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Could have beaten Alabama too.
  6. Richdog

Richdog Bulldogs

Funny, before the season a new tiger fan from boston asked me what we'd do this year. i had no clue (just like everyone else here) and said 3 loss minimum, perhaps 5. if we lose to tcu, 5 losses, if not 3... he asked who we'd lose to.
    "UGA, Bama and someone we should beat"

His cousin still lives in boston and has season tix to red sox. i'm a sox fan (Fred Lynn fave player) I sent him a pic of the golden girls from my seat. He sent it to his cousin. Cousin responds with "if he gets me in a game next year (2013) I'll get him to a sox game for free." so i ask which game. "A&M. Wanna see Johnny Football"
    Told him it'd be tough but possible. well, they wanted a ticket before making plans and i told them that was not smart. "just get here and we'll get you in somewhere" they didn't come tailgate and we had 4 seats right in front of us that no one was using. i sent him a pic of where they could have been sitting and he was not happy. :)
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

that really doesnt matter, LSU had a disappointing season, yea I said it, 10 wins so what.
    islstl and shane0911 like this.
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Veteran Member

I disagree. Finishing last year 10-3 and losing our bowl game with the defensive stars we had was disappointing. This year, with all the talent we lost to the draft last year, I would say it was a decent season. Not particulary good, by LSU standards, but also not particularly bad.
  9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

This doesn't appear to be the final poll. You can't even select the final from that link, so perhaps it hasn't been released. Here is the final Coaches Poll, which still has LSU at 14:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/

Sparty should be the #2.
  10. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

The problem with a 3 loss season is that for LSU those loses will always be SEC losses. Having 3 losses in the SEC knocks out of the top tier (except those anomalies like 2007).

What are the goals for an LSU team?
    Bowl eligible... check.
    10 wins... check.
    Win the West... miss.
    Win the SEC... miss.
    Win a Bowl... check.
    Win the National Championship... check.