LSU has no chance of going to NC? Naysayers please read...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USMTiger, Nov 22, 2003.

1. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

People are not upset over the opinions and criticisms of the posters who are down on the offense. I think everyone on this board loves dicussing this type of stuff until they vomit. It is the posters who are saying that we are done for and act like the season is already over that irks us. See the post saying that we have lost all hope to go to the Sugar Bowl, and then heaping blame on the offense for derailing our season that isn't even close to over yet... That's why we are upset. If it was just about what the offense needs to do to improve nobody would care.

But to declare a post mortem on our beloved Tigers when they are still in the thick of things just looks like the classic definition of Bandwagon hopping, and really doesn't illicite positive responses from those of us that recognize that LSU still has a very real, fair chance of going to the NC. What is the point? Are you the Oracle? Do you see the future? (Sorry, I just saw the Matrix).

That's not just wishful thinking, that is a fact. Even if we don't get voted #2 this week, don't we have two more games ahead of us to shine and win over the voters?
    What if we win Ark. and Ga. (or whoever), and USC beats Org. St? Can you honestly say that LSU will not be voted #2? I think the pressure is on USC now, because we have two national spotlight games left to their 1. And remember, the polls are all about "What have you done for me lately". To declare LSU's NC hopes dead at this point is just plain ignorant. Not trying to call out anyone, just trying to give the other more optimistic opinion of LSU's season.

Repeat after me:

The Season is Not Over Yet....
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Thank you!

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Do you know how the AP poll works? 65 respected clowns vote their order of preference ... guys like Peter Finney

1. Oklahoma (65) (11-0) 1625
    2. USC---------------(9-1) 1559
    3. LSU---------------(9-1) 1474

85 point difference NOW between USC & LSU ... beating Alabama gained us 5 points last week.

Those 65 clowns vote for a #2 & a #3 every week.

These 65 clowns are gonna just about all vote USC #2 after this "UGLY" win.

YOU'LL READ ABOUT IT TOMORROW WHEN THE POLLS COME OUT.

LSU needs 35 of these clowns to vote them #2 by Judgement Day or Dec 10 (Final BCS Poll). And ESPN needs to be swayed as well. You don't do it by nipping Ole Pi$$. USC is now entrenched at #2.

If you think these clowns respect us ... you'll see LSU gain ground ... not sitting at 100+ behind USC in the AP.

4. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Still a lot of ball left

Remember, some voters had TOSU 2nd or third above us. I think the numbers tighten up a little, since we beat a ranked team on the road. And USC beating Oregon St isn't a done deal. An who knows how strength of schedule will end up.

After a week of Tiger fans complaining that margin of victory should be counted, watch everyone say it shouldn't for the next week.

GEAUX TIGERS (Roast the pork)

5. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

3 of the computer polls had TCU ahead of us and they lost this week too.....that combined with the OSU loss will pull votes from them in our favor......we are definately still in it....it just got a little harder, we cant have no more bad games......

6. SEN

SEN Founding Member

Re: Re: LSU has no chance of going to NC? Naysayers please read...

I was listening to a couple games tonight. A couple poeple said LSU gained respect in their eyes. A WHOLE LOT of people thought Ole Miss was going to win. They saw the mistake made by matt mauck, and saw how LSU overcame it. They saw how our defense held a potential heisman winner to a single touchdown after several trips into the red zone. They saw how Mauck and the offense drove the field three times against a defense that played the game of a lifetime.

It takes a champion to overcome the mistakes LSU made today. Poeple took notice, and it wasn't all negative on LSU.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He is so worried about the minutae of the human polls that he has still not explained what the ramifications of TCU, OSU, and now Washington State losing will be for LSU in the computer polls-NONE OF WHICH USE THE MARGIN OF VICTORY AS A FACTOR IN THEIR POLL!

What I get a kick out of is that we are #3 for two weeks or so...and OSU is ranked ahead of us and USC for awhile...while being ranked fourth...

Shouldn't that be proof positive that the HUMAN POLLS DON'T HOLD AS MUCH SWAY AS SOME HERE THINK?

In other words...The human polls had TOSU @ #4...But, they were #2 in the BCS...Proof positive there is no way that our season is done for in terms of the national title...

But, we have a short week to prepare for a tough, difficult opponent...

We need to make sure that by 6:00pm tomorrow, we're basically done with this...

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re: LSU has no chance of going to NC? Naysayers please read...

ramah, in the past you have posted some pretty good thoughts but you must have been on drugs this week. LSU will be ranked #3 in the polls and #3 in the BCS this week. If the Tigers had won by 50 points today they would still be ranked no better than #3 by the polls or the BCS this week. The Powerball jackpot was $35 million tonight. Since I forgot to buy a ticket today I hope you win it so you can bitch about not having the winning numbers when it was $300 million. Since you are so down on the LSU offense which one of these things would you do to improve it?

1. Bench Mauck and start Marcus Randall
    2. Bench Mauck and burn a redshirt for either JaMarcus Russell or Matt Flynn
    3. Fire Nick Saban
    4. Fire Jim Fisher
    5. Bribe the poll voters and BCS computer programmers to put LSU #1
    6. Try to trade Mauck, Randall, Russell and Flynn for Bret Fahve or Steve McNair
    7. Put in a computer instant voting system so that the fans could call each play.

How would you feel if your next bad day at work was televised but you still somehow saved the day and people called radio talk shows and posted criticisms about how they would have done your job better on internet forums. If you are not on drugs you must have lost a bundle on the game. Hey- Thats why they call it gambling.

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: LSU has no chance of going to NC? Naysayers please read...

Absolutely! A "glass is half full" viewpoint! I like that!Just win, baby!

10. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: LSU has no chance of going to NC? Naysayers please read...

Great one, Bengal B!