LSU heading straight into a buzzsaw at the Swamp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I used to race dirt track in the Mini Stock class in a, you guessed it "Pinto."

Or should I say, "Pinteaux."

Geaux Tigers!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Les Miles is in a no win situation with the national media in this game. Saban is a genius for beating Urban Meyer, but if we beat Florida saturday night, it will be because Florida is having a down year. Even if we come out and dominate, and play a great game, Les Miles will get absolutely ZERO credit for it. I'm starting to really feel for this guy. I hope that if we do beat Florida, that some of the fans will lay off.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Unfortunately, that's how the media is now days. Based more on perception than facts. I'll give Les his due credit when they beat UF. Perception of how it is done in the media will not be good. They will continue to say he is lucky, blah, blah, blah......

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

This will depend on HOW we win, don't you think?

5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I agree totally.

Miles won't get any credit until LSU knocks off Bama and Auburn, who are the two media darlings. But .. LSU will have to knock off both of them to get the credit, because if we only knock off one of them, it will be considered pure luck.

I also agree, if we just beat FL, it will be because of FL. However, if we blow FL out, as in a "wow" moment .. you will begin to hear the mumblings of how maybe LSU is getting it together. If we come back and beat Auburn after that, then the commentary for the Bama game will be pure media b.s., of how LSU has improved, but Bama is still the "Gods in Football Helmets". If we beat Bama ..... the Media will start to take LSU seriously ... BUT .. they will shift their focus to Michigan, Oregon, and Ohio State. If we go undefeated, and win the SEC CG .. I'm still not sure that we will go to the NC if Ohio State and Oregon are undefeated. The Media wants that matchup so badly they will work to make it come true.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

The "mighty Pinteax" ... yeah boy.

I preferred the Mighty Maverck myself. Had one as a hotwheel!:wave:

:geaux:

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Won't happen, my man. It's beyond W-L. It's personal - has been for a long time. It's practically political.

They'll quiet down briefly, just like they do on the board when the game is actually going well. But they'll pipe back up the MINUTE anything negative happens.

For instance, if LSU wins the SEC, but Rasco commits to Texas, or Robinson commits to Auburn - Miles will get blamed for either not recruiting them correctly, or losing them because they think he's an idiot. Standby.

Must be tough as a fan to be forced to NOT enjoy winning, just because you are committed to hating a coach.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They don't deserve to be called a fan.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

:wave::wave::milesmic::miles:

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

FIFY