LSU joins the elite 700-win club!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Jan 1, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: And the tradition continues. Congrats to the Tigers and all the LSU faithful! Geaux Tigers!!!!! :LSU231:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

John, you're priceless.

No sarcasm.

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I second that!

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

cfbdatawarehouse had us at 700 before last night's game (still show us 7-5 for this year).
    Wonder what game they have wrong?

6. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Awesome!! People sometimes wonder where LSU gets this "elite" mentality and why we feel like we have tradition... Here you go. A tradition of winning.

Seriously, I've had people ask me around the country how we became so crazed as a fan base so fast. I just look at them like they're stupid and move on.

EDIT: I should mention that I have this thread bookmarked on my iPhone and show it to people when it comes up in conversation. Everyone loves the fireworks, haha!

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Anyone that says LSU doesn't have rich history and tradition is uninformed and has no business commenting on college football.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Billy Cannon and the '58-'59 Fightin' Tigers must be proud. The '58-'59 Fightin' Tigers were ranked #1 in the nation for 14 weeks straight. That is the longest streak at #1 in SEC history, better than even Alabama (whose best streak was 7 weeks at #1, under Bear Bryant) or Tennessee (whose best streak was 6 weeks at #1, under Fulmer).

Not even programs like Notre Dame (their record is 12 straight weeks at #1), Michigan (their record is 8 straight weeks at #1), or Texas (their record is 9 straight weeks at #1) have been able to field a team that was ranked at #1 in the nation for as long as the '58-59 Fightin' Tigers.

We are still wearing the same uniforms they wore, except we moved the numbers on the shoulders to below the stripes, and we changed the logo on the side of our helmets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tradition

1 person likes this.
  9. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Bravo!! Nice post!