LSU & LA Tech...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I sure wish they didn't have to meet this early. It would be a great champsionship game.

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

It would have been a good championship game. The whole state of Louisiana would be going crazy. As for the rest of the nation, they would probably have little interest. Remember they still don't respect us.

3. Goodlifetiger

They are two of the best teams in the nation. The rest of the country better be glad they are meeting now.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Another faux pas of the NCAA selection committee.

La Tech is what #8-9 in the polls and is a 5 seed. that's a joke.

Plus, 2 teams within 300 miles of each other have to travel 2,500 miles to play? So much for the NCAAs thoughts in keeping teams close to home and/or saving travel expenses.

5. Goodlifetiger

I believe they are #6.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

The NCAA Women's Selection Committee has long had it in for Louisiana Tech, and tries to screw them every year. There are many reasons for this, but here are the main ones.

1)They are coached by a man (For years it was Leon Barmore, now it's Kurt Budke. Nothing enrages those Feminazis like a successful women's basketball program with a male coach. They've also done it to Georgia and Andy Landers for years. They would do it to Geno Auriemma at UConn, except UConn is such a dominant program they could never get away with it).

2) Louisiana Tech is the rare exception of a small school in a mid-major conference that has been able to keep it's program in top form. They've been at the top of women's basketball since it all began, and they're still there. The Feminazis hate this. They, like the men's side, want power to be concentrated in the hands of a few dominant schools (except it's worse in women's b-ball. They want a bipolar universe; Tennessee and UConn, then everyone else).

3) For the two reasons I just described, the powers-that-be have been trying for years to marginalize Louisiana Tech, to no avail. This makes them hate the Lady Techsters even more, and they have to come up with new, more elaborate schemes to destroy the program. Thus far, they have not worked, although Tech joining the WAC for women's b-ball may have given them an advantage. The WAC is weaker than the Sun Belt, and the Women's Committee has used that as justification for giving Tech lower seeds than in years past.

It should also be obvious that the Women's Selection Committee has a bias against Southern schools in general. How else do you explain all three Louisiana schools (La. Tech, LSU, and Tulane) shipped out to the West Region? Completely ridiculous. The committee knew odds were good that LSU and La. Tech could both make the Final Four and wanted to prevent that from happening. They will always do this, unless a day comes when both LSU and La. Tech can land a #1 seed. That may never happen.

Oh well. Nothing we can do now except go out and beat La. Tech. I'm just sorry this matchup is happening now and not much later. And it's not our fault or their fault, but the fault of the psycho Feminazis on the Selection Committee.

Louisiana Tech is a 5 seed, by the way. They finished the year ranked #6. I know, completely ridiculous.

7. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

The selection committee definitely shafted us. In the west with 2 other teams (Texas & LA Tech) that have good arguments for being #1 seeds themselves. And LA Tech as a #5 is ridiculous. I'm sure this snub is a great motivational tool for them.

8. weunice

weunice Freshman

Nice site here guys ... I am here primarily because I have great respect for Jetstorm, who has posted on the Tech site for a while with great respect. Great comments on the selection committee BTW .. you are more on than most folks are willing to admit.

Now, to the WAC vs. SBC comparison. The SBC WAS better when Tech left and now the SBC has dropped below the WAC. Earlier this season I did a team for team comparison using many ratings, including RPI. Now the WAC is not up to where the SBC was then, but they are improving, whereas the SBC is not.

There big gripe on us this year was our lack of quality games OOC. While this is very much true, it is VERY difficult to schedule home and homes with teams in major conferences. As a national power I am sure you all can understand that we deserve that kind of respect that is a home and home. Tennessee and UConn come to Ruston. Very few others will because they know they will leave with a loss.

Looking forward to a good game. I wish we were suiting up more than 8 and I wish the Lady Tigers were coming in injury free. It should still be a good game.

Feel free to visit BB&B. Show up with a thick skin though. There is much in the way of anti-LSU rhetoric.

BTW, I left a little smack there for those of you that come over :). It is labelled "LSU fans" on the Lady Techster forum ...

http://www.latechbbb.com/phpbb/index.php

9. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Any way LSU

and La Tech wil square off in the regular season in women's
    basketball? Tech has been a force for years while LSU has been
    building up its program the last few.
    Would be great to see a home and home series during the regular season. Maybe in the new Century Tel Center in Bossier City up here in north LA. and on campus in BR.
    Would see big crowds at both locations.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

weunice, I checked out your list of La Techs past accomplishments. Impressive and you have a right to be proud. However, if you think that is an indicator of some kind of invincibility in the future, you may be disappointed.

Tech is going to have it's hands full with this LSU team.