LSU might steal Cal prospect O'NEAL

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gunwoady, Jan 23, 2004.

1. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

O'NEAL cancelled his visit w/ USC to be on LSU's campus today, he's ranked #20 in rivals, so if not Hawkins,Carter, Franks, White, etc.. he might be a good alternative. Dude is 6'1" 205 his father played TE for the SAINTS (K. O'Neal)

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I think the guy is looking at Georgia and FSU hard. He's from Georgia and transferred out to Cali this season. He would be a good pickup, but I don't know how good our chances are with the kid. Although we could just let him watch Georgia 1 and 2. That might help his decision.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

good lord, I like to think of myself as a OK recruitnik, but this is a name I have never heard of anyone have any information on him??

4. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Additional info on O'neal ...

Original post in thread had good info on him. Insiders has him ranked higher even, #8 WR on their Board. Rivals has him with 4.3 speed, and Insiders at 4.4. He is from Oakland, and as previous poster said, services have Georgia in the lead with FSU pushing hard. Long shot - he visited Florida recently and then eliminated them as soon as he got home. If he really is visiting this weekend, hope it's not just to try cajun food !

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Re: Additional info on O'neal ...

I would guess most of the kids that are visiting the major colleges this weekend and next are doing just that, getting a free trip. LSU can't offer hardly anyone at this point and neither can a lot of schools. It makes me wonder why they even have so many kids visit this late, of course I do realize that when they set these visits up they may not know what the status of the class is.