LSU/OU series closer to reality

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The Story

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Hope we recruit well in 2008 and 2009. :yelwink2:

3. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

So what is everyone's opinion on this. I guess there are two mindsets.

1.That would be a great game, with great exposure for the University, that will help us recruit in Oklahoma and Northern Texas as well as nationally due to the exposure as a national program and not just SEC. What an amazing atmosphere that would be for the biggest non-conference team in TS in years.

2.Playing in the SEC and wanting to compete for national championships there is no advantage to scheduling a game of this magnitude. I think quality OOC oponents are important but when you are talking about adding games that are going to be at best 50/50 then why risk it when the SEC is going to give you 2 or 3 games of that magnitude every year.

I think I'm a no 1 kind of guy. Play anyone anywhere, I want every game to have a chance of being something special. I want the whole country talking about the huge game this weekend between LSU and some super power. That is being on the top of college football. Besides, Auburn beat 3 top ten SEC teams and beat Tennesse a second time while going undefeated and was left out of the championship game.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

After what happened to Auburn, then games of this magnitude are going to be a must.

Additionally, the atmosphere in Norman and Baton Rouge will be unreal for those match-ups! Of course, we can only hope that both of our programs are still on top at that time.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think Coach Miles would say something along the lines of, "I'll take these guys and play any sucker in the country." Especially when those suckers are OU!

This is a positive move, IMO. Going undefeated every year is an unrealistic goal. But games like this add to the enjoyment and magnitude of each season. It's tough to argue against any opportunity to see our school on national TV, playing an equally respected opponent. That's what it's all about.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

yep...who knows what kind of success LSU will have accrued by that point?

as of now, it is very likely that we will have been THE team in the SEC for quite some time. there simply aren't enough years between now and then to achieve what OU has over the past 50 or so. but if things keep heading in the right direction, these games could be of titanic magnitude.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

The Daily Oklahoman has a bit on the series in the paper today. They are reporting the games aren't scheduled until 2018 and 2019. (Instead of the 2010 and 2011 dates reported in the advocate. :mad:

8. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

No way. Games are not scheduled THAT far in advance

9. foreverlsu

foreverlsu Founding Member

Too Bad that series is so far away I'm glad Skip is doing something about the weak non-conference games by adding Oregon State Arizona State and Now Oklahoma! Good job skip! He even tried to add in Notre Dame home and away but they turned us down! Thats something how when their program is falling to pieces they wont play us been when it was up and running they would not hessitate.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I don't know if this good or bad, it's just too far in the future. It seems that Oklahoma has been falling to pieces as of late. They can't hang in the big games. The last two NC games, and the 2003 conference championship game are evidence of this. I'm not putting them down, they're still a great program, but so far in the future? Who knows? Personally, I think Stoops' days are numbered in Norman. It is quite possible LSU will be one of the premier programs by then, and Zero U may be nothing more than a mediocre opponent such as Oregon State last season.