LSU press conf ESPNews NOW

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 18, 2006.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Because I live in Gulf Breeze, where the cable service is beyond horrible, I don't get ESPNews. Can somebody recap it for me?

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Thanks!!

4. LSUGradin99

Ok, press conference over now. Well Brady is speaking again, but they cut away. all the player questions went to D-Mitch. No need to give details as you can guess how it went.

5. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

It appears they called for the 3 for the win. That is about the only thing I got out of it.

6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Man -- you talk about clutch. That shot by D-Mitch is as clutch as they come. We'll be talking about this one for a while.

:geauxtige

7. LSUGradin99

Here were some of Brady's opening comments. The name of the play called was "Special". He said they had practiced it a couple of times there in Jacksonville. During the timeout, he said Butch Pierre suggested using the play and he agreed it was a good idea considering the amount of time left.

The goal of the play is to utilize LSU's best two players, D-Mitch and Big Baby, to get a favorable matchup. Glen sets the high screen, forcing a switch by the defense. End result is the big man guarding Glen switches to D-Mitch creating a mismatch. D-Mitch takes the shot with a few second sleft and Glen goes in strong for any possible rebound. (If you noticed, aTm players were laying on the floor when the shot fell in).

Darrell talked about how nice it is that coach has the confidence in him to call that play. He complimented Big Baby several times for his part in perfectly executing the play.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I liked how he said that Brady's confidence in him gave him confidence in himself. :thumb:

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Thanks for the recap, I was on the cell phone, living it up w/ other displaced Tigers. :thumb:

Glad to hear that it was a designed play, and major props to Brady/D-Mitch/Big Baby on calling/executing the play.