LSU put a whippin on Auburn 94-63

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Feb 26, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

should have been alot more but we put or bench guys in....Torris, Collis, Darryl Mitchell, and Hudson couldn't miss for a little while I was on the Edge of my seat. Just wish I could've seen the game in person. would have been fun tonight

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Awesome!!

We seem to be playing some pretty good B ball just in time for the SEC tourney!!

The Hogs say that they want revenge.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

It was raining outside and inside the PMAC tonight. Water outdoors, 3's inside. In the 1st half they had 17 field goals and 15 assists while shooting 73% from the field and 10/12 for 83% from 3 point range. It was an awesome performance by the Tigers.

4. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I was very impressed tonight. Everyone played very well. Hopefully Hudson will continue to improve, because I think that he is vital to any sort of run to the postseason. I am very happy with the way that Whipple plays. He is unselfish, smart, and very disciplined. I wish we had been able to see him all year. Finally, I think #24 for Auburn could be the worst college basketball player I have ever seen. He airballed that shot badly and turned the ball over too many times to count. When he finally made a good play by stealing the ball, Torris caught him from behind and blocked it. He really looked lost. I was hoping for 100, but oh well.

5. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I wonder if we start a saying of 94-63 auburn will back off the 31-7 chant they like so much?? LMAO just a thought

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I just got back from the game and we actually looked like we knew how to play some basketball. I was also pulling for 100 points just cause it's Auburn. I was also glad to see Charlie Thompson sink a 3.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The worst thing about #24 is that he was the guy who hit the game winning shot in the game at Auburn. A blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

And how about the play of Darrel Mitchell. He was 6-7 including 5-5 from 3 point range. The only shot he 'missed' had a chance to go in but Bridgewater got called for offensive goaltending.
    Also had 4 assists, no turnovers and 3 steals.

He looks outstanding and should be a great player over the next 4 years!!

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Auburn is really not a good team

It ridiculous that people was saying that Auburn was 1 win away from getting a NCAA berth. I thought that LSU had a patsy preconference schedule but Auburn's preconference schedule is bad. They got lucky with their first three conference opponents by playing Vanderbilt, Arkansas and South Carolina - the three worst teams in the SEC. They built a little confidence with the 3-0 SEC start and won the games they needed to win. Here is Auburn's schedule:

Wofford W 81-63
    Georgia State W 100-71
    @Western Kentucky L 70-89
    Southeastern Louisiana W 77-47
    South Carolina State W 85-65
    Rutgers W 82-70
    Murray State W 72-53
    Western Michigan L 54-72
    @Puerto Rico-Mayaguez W 94-64
    Denver W 63-58
    Troy State W 94-66
    Southern Mississippi W 92-46
    North Texas W 90-65
    SEC
    Vanderbilt W 62-59
    @Arkansas W 52-37
    @South Carolina W 67-60
    Alabama W 77-68
    @Kentucky L 51-67
    @Georgia L 79-85
    Tennessee L 57-60
    Mississippi W 77-71
    LSU W 56-54
    @Alabama L 68-84
    Mississippi State L 46-63
    @Mississippi W 80-75
    @ LSU L 63-94
    Florida
    Arkansas
    @Mississippi State

Not to take anything away from LSU performance tonight but Auburn is not a good team. LSU is playing great ball as of late and let's give them credit. The question will be if they can sustain it for the last three games. I hope so and maybe we can make a run in the SEC tournament.

We can all think about the games that LSU gave away and where LSU could be. The Ole Miss game at home and the Arkansas road games are games we should have won. Also, the Auburn away game where we get beat on a last second shot was another. If we had 2 of 3 of them games we are 18-7 overall and 7-6 in SEC. Those losses were big.

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Beating Tennessee in Knoxville is going to be tough but I like our chances in the other games.
    If we continue to shoot well, meaning Temple and Hudson continue with consistant shooting, we can be very good. Hudson is also playing great defense.