LSU-related: You Have Answers? I Have Questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jul 14, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Jonesing big-time for good sports (i.e., not "sports" like WNBA or boring mid-season MLB), as I do every year at this time...and full of questions.

Here are my LSU-related questions that some of you may know the answers to:

1-2006 football media guide--Any word when we'll see it? Last year's came out on July 14, so I'm sure it'll be any day now.

2-Men's Basketball schedule--We've been teased w/ some of the OOC games (and they sound great---Texas here in Houston Dec. 10 at Toyota Center, Tx A&M and UConn in Baton Rouge), and season ticket deposits are now being accepted...but, the full schedule has not yet been released.
    Any word on when this may happen?

3-Jared Mitchell-I heard he'd make up his mind possibly by today/early next week. I'll check the Recruiting board, but didn't think it would hurt to ask here.

Football can't start soon enough...:helmet:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Nobody knows yet, probably including Jared. But indications are good for LSU.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

If Jared doesn't even know, then how are the indications good for LSU. It would seem that there are no indications. If nothing else, the longer this goes on, the worse it is for LSU. If the offer from the Twins was unacceptable, it seems like he would have turned it down by now. I'm not saying that he will take the offer, but it makes me nervous that he still hasn't made up his mind.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

There was an offer that was very enticing to Jared, not enticing enough for him to decide immediately, but enough for him to take time & think it over.

The reason I say the indications are good for LSU is because it's been rumored that he hasn't been in close contact with the Twins, but he has had contact with the baseball & football coaches.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Does anybody happen to know if Jared Mitchell is on campus?

I saw Chris Mitchell at the union with LaFell today, and there was another guy that looked like Jared Mitchell but I am not sure.

6. Lil Jules

That's some interesting reasoning, but I'm afraid I would chalk that one up to logistics and his importace relative to the team. I would be dumbfounded if he were having more contact with an organization 2,000 miles away. Secondly, his value to LSU is far greater than his value to the Twins. At LSU he would have a chance to compete for playing time immediately, where as in Minnesota he would be relegated to lower level minor league ball for a few years before even being given the oppertunity to compete for playing time in the majors.

In other words, this news has not eased my concerns, and I am still a little nervous about this whole situation.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As you should be because he's an awesome recruit, but I'm pretty sure I saw him on campus today with a couple other WRs. That make you feel any better?

8. Lil Jules

Absolutely...thanks CP, I can finally sleep

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Remember, right now no news is good news in regard to Mitchell. That means that he has not yet been offered the minimum it would take for him to sign a contract. I really think if we hear any it would be that he has signed with the twins.