LSU SABANS STEPPING STONE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dvm4lsu, Dec 25, 2004.

1. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

Its obvious that is all LSU was.He should not coach the bowl game.Thanks NS. but its time for LSU to move on without you. Hire a coach who appreciates and is proud and satisfied to be LSU'S COACH.Let Jimbo take over for the bowl game.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Most coaching jobs are a stepping stone for the next one and the Miami job is a great gig. I don't fault him in any way for going to the NFL or Miami, I fault him for being dishonest about it for the last 3 years.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

And who would you hire that would be a lock to never leave LSU?

Answer: NOBODY

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

He was NOT dishonest.

Skip always told us that Nick would leave us for the NFL one day.

Also, Nick's insistence on no buyout clause contracts should have given us a clue.

5. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

That's true. The days of Bear Bryant are likely over. There are a couple of notable exceptions. Bobby Bowden immediately comes to mind. Carroll is a failed NFL coach and has a good gig out here on the left coast, so he may hang for years. Mack Brown has been around for awhile at Texas and seems happy. I see Stoopes at OU for a long time, and no Switzer move on his part. But other than that, coaches come and go all the time. Look at Dennis Erickson. Great college coach, can't get it done, and now wants to come back to the college ranks. When Saban is an old man, I firmly believe he look back at his days at LSU as his best.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

His interviews every year were a much much bigger clue. His yearly I'm not interested in the NFL part is the only thing I have a problem with, not his leaving.

7. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

What about him saying everywhere hes been teams have struggled and they have become better with him.Hey I am sure that may be true but does he think he is bigger than all the programs he has been with .I do not think so.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

If you go back and look at his quotes, it was always prefaced with "not interested at this time." He always left that door open.

LSU fans should have known this day was coming since the day we hired him. He worked in the NFL, he interviewed for two job at MSU, and Skip repeatedly said he may go to the NFL one day.

I think some chose to ignore the obvious...

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It was ALWAYS coming and although don't like to think of our beloved school as a stepping stone...most college jobs are. Don't be disillusioned by the next snake oil saleman. He is only interested in your money.

Saban never made it a secret he was interested in the NFL. Just a matter of the right deal and this one was one made up in fairy tales. He got what he wanted.

With this ... I'm done for the night. Too many haters for me. Good night, sleep tight...

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not true!!! I would never leave!!!!! :D :thumb: