LSU tops in baseball attendance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

8,000 fans a game

If the Box had 15,000 seats, they'd fill them all.

TAF needs to add more seats ... when your capacity is 102% per game ... that says you've got a hot product.

A 15,000 - 20,000 seat BB stadium would be nice ... and even let the minor leagues play there.

What a recruiting tool ... could you imagine that?

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I agree, a 15,000-20,000 seat stadium would be quite impressive. Then we could be known for our huge football and baseball stadiums. They could name it "Deaf Box".

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actually we dont fill what we have now. paid attendance looks good but go to the box you will see it about half full a lot. no need for more seats when it looks bad enough more than not with box seats empty. watch the seats behind home plate til the regionals.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Hey, paid attendance works

If they sell out season tickets at 8,000+ ... build to what the market will bear.

If LSU has 12,000 season ticket requests ... have 12K seats + 10% or so

Most people will not make all three games any given weekend at home.

6. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

The box was supposed to be renovated a long time ago..... I remember they showed the plans and everything on inside LSU baseball about 5 years ago...... but I think project was put indefinitely on hold ever since Skip retired....

....also, the attendance now isn't what it used to be. The box used to be TIGHTLY PACKED for every weekend game....but there are some empty seats nowadays, even if the games are selling out.

1 person likes this.
  7. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

like u would know u big moron......

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The legislature killed the plans for the box when they let it be known they wouldn't go along with the football ticket plan last year, along with a few other projects such as a new Tiger Field for softball. Hopefully they will get back to developing another plan as it does need to be updated/renovated/enlarged.

9. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

What in the world is that supposed to mean? I've been following LSU baseball for over half my life.....so I kinda know what I'm talkin about.... Probably can't say the same for you....

10. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Brett,
    Just so U know, urtoosmall is my roommate and I was kinda delirious from studyin a lot yesterday. I am not tryin to pick fights in the non-smack board or anything...just messin with him to take a break from homework....