LSU tops in baseball attendance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Snorton, weren't you supposed to have left us by now. I could of sworn you promised us that. You've been here a month and already have over 1000 posts. Life for sale, anyone?

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

man....i'm so sorry....i didn't realize how handicapped you were....i mean spelling eye with "i"....i understand now....you are "ge" not "te".....gator educated....so instead of i-of the tiger (or whatever you spell)....we'll call you "tail of the gator" properly spelled....we feel your pain.... :sob: :sob: :sob:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I have season tickets.... you?

4. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

Man, do you think they are going to start or move a AA baseball team to Baton Rouge just because LSU has a big enough stadium to hold them. Some of you guys have no clue. "Hey, LSU just built a big nice stadium, anyone need a AA team. Let's start one so we can rent out the Box and play there." C'mon!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nolan Ryan is the owner of several minor league teams and last year explored the posiblity of putting a AA team in Baton Rouge if the city would build a stadium for it.

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'm a student and have only missed four home games in the last four years.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

when you are there in midweek games with me you don't notice that empty ass stadium? looks bad cmon. you really think they need expansion? if so, we see something different.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I also mispelled "tiger" as "tygrr". The "I" has a double meaning. Get a clue Snorton.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Minor league baseball has been tried in BR before and it never has worked out. Hockey and arena ball have had more success. I'm not sure why. Shreveport and Alexandria have had minor league teams for decades.

I'm sure the new stadium will be well-designed. Ideally it should have a covered grandstand big enough for LSU's average crowds, with additional bleacher seating having the capacity for an SEC tournament or a NCAA regional game.

10. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

all right....i'll work on figuring it out......