lsu/ut

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfan1303, Sep 7, 2005.

1. tigerfan1303

tigerfan1303 Founding Member

I heard that Ut wanted the game to be played during the day. Wasn't this game going to be palyed on cbs anyway during the day?

a couple of week ago I saw on the cbs website that this game was going to be at 3:30 EST.

I know a lot of peoepl want this game palyed at night, but would you rather play this game during the day, then play it in Knoxiville?

If there are not any hotels rooms then it is only fair that this game is played during the day.

2. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

the answer is no. CBS currently has Alabama@Arkansas & Kentucky@Florida listed as their possible games for that weekend. CBS is televising the UT/UF game the week before our game & surely will pick up the UT/UGA game & possibly the UT/Bama game. They like to share the wealth so to speak and don't want to cram 1 team down the throats of their national tv audience every single week. Screw the UT fans if they can't find a hotel. LSU fans take up the majority of hotels in BR anyway. Hotels space for fans should not be a factor as to the time of our game. Keep it at night.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

It's not about the UT FANS finding hotels, it is about the UT TEAM finding hotels.

4. homertiger

homertiger Founding Member

I found this on UT's board.

Play the game during the day for consideration of the fans is a bunch of crapppppp!!!!!!!! They just don't want to have to face 92000 LSU fans at night!

We can not let UT get their way like we let ASU.

5. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

Kickoff time is not up to LSU. They are contractually obligated to move the time for ESPN.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

this is correct. Espn has the contract and Espn decides what time the game is played and espn airs the games at night and will do so for this one too. Screw ut, we can't let them get away with this.

7. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Unless JP or CBS picks it up. It will be Saturday evening in Death Valley.

8. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Do you seriously think that UT/LSU would slip to JP? No fricken way.