LSU vs. Florida Men's Basketball prediction/game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Feb 18, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The team has improved since then. Neither of those teams could stay with LSU! right now. I'd suggest it's coaching, but let's not go there. I want the :tigerhead to win so I'll say 78-75, but Matt Walsh scares the crap out of me.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will take LSU, 81-76. bass and big baby dominate so forcefully that the two of them are the opening storyline for the espn game next week.
    :geauxtige LSU! :bball:

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Florida presents major matchup problems on the perimeter. Roberson and Walsh can light it up from the outside, and we all know how poor our perimeter defense has been this year.

I know I sound like a broken record, but this team must start it's offense with feeding the ball down low to Bass and Davis. This doesn't mean they have to shoot it everytime they touch the ball. I expect Florida to double down on them which should give us some open 3s if we kick the ball back out. We shoot 3s much better at home than on the road.

After a huge road win at MSU, some would expect a letdown today, but I don't see that happening. Every game from here on out is too important. I expect us to play well, but I'm not sure if that will be enough to win today.

If Florida shoots well from the outisde, we'll lose. But that's easier said than done on the road. I expect a good crowd today, about 10,000 strong.

IMO, we need at least a split with Florida and Bama. I think we have a better chance of beating Bama than Florida. We'll see what happens today!

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this should be a really tough game for lsu to win. uf has been playing very well lately--killed ole miss. beat ut soundly on the road (with crump back, too). lost by 3 @ uk.

lazare and neltner will play a lot. i hope its because brady is smart and chooses to play them and not because of foul trouble. lee is smart, i think they will try to get davis and bass in foul trouble. anyone hear that donovan said we had the best starting 5 in sec.

the chip on tack's shoulder may help him play well against roberson

my instinct is that we will get beat too easily. but in light of both our typically elevated home play and uf loss at msu (without frazier) i think we pull it out---lsu 86, uf 78

5. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

LSU 73
    UF 64

Florida is the same old team they have good perimeter shooters but there real soft in the post. LSU has beat them the last two times and the trend will continue. Bass and Davis will have monster games, look for Lee to get into early foul trouble. Our guards will do enough for us to win I see around 6-8 3's drooping. Unlike most games the crowd will be a factor and get energized by a couple of big dunks from B.B. LSU will have many chances to UF out and put them away but UF's perimeter will keep them in it but it won't be enough. The ESPN gamenight crew will then analyze LSU and will give us a minimal amount of respect they'll say were waiting to see what they can do aginst Bama on tuesday.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

LSU in a bleaux out 93-53... we could also very well lose... depends on which Tigers show up.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i sure wish lsusports.net could get a decent quality internet radio feed.
    this sucks

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

dude! high quality video!

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/

you must go now! (credit kteam for the link, the best link of all time.)

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched