LSU - Way to Go!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by RollTideRoll, Nov 12, 2005.

1. RollTideRoll

RollTideRoll Founding Member

Great game.

What else can be said.

Tremendous effort, heart on both sides of the ball. I am still in the shock mode, but damn, what a game.

People talked about a slobberknocker of SEC Football and that is what was delivered.

Congratulations!

2. swoop

swoop Founding Member

It was a great game, If we didn't pull that game out, I wasn't going to be too upset, because it was a great game, no shame in losing it.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Thanks RTR :thumb: Bama's got nothing to hang their heads about. You hit the nail on the head. A good old fashioned SEC slobberknocker.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Great game. Classy on both sides of the ball. Props to Bama. It was truly a game won in the trenches.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Great game by both teams. Exciting to the end. Outstanding athletic performances abounded, all over the place.

I predicted LSU to win 17-14. I think the game went to the script. Two great defenses, LSU a little better on offense. Bama had the better running game, Darby is great. It took LSU a little while to settle down with its passing game, but when we did, it was the difference in the game.

The Bama fans have been real class over here this week, so congrats to you all.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A classic game of two distinctly different halves. I had expected a low-scoring game in overtime to go to Bama because of the home crowd and all.

But I'll take it.

Now Bammers, go into the Iron bowl and cream the Plaineagles.

7. GeorgiaTider

GeorgiaTider Founding Member

I bleed Crimson, but the Auburn game mean little to nothing. The SEC is out for national championship consideration. Sadly, the BCS was right on the SEC sucking this year.

8. RollTideRoll

RollTideRoll Founding Member

The SEC is the powerhouse of Collegiate Football and while the defensive struggles are not pretty, the power is right here down south.

9. GeorgiaTider

GeorgiaTider Founding Member

We know that, but that means nothing. As long as the media is stuck on USC and Texas, the SEC will be just another crappy confernece.

10. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I think it's the converse. This is SEC play, friend. 80% of the teams in this conference are just dangerous to play. When SEC teams in that 80% play, rankings mean squat. Stats mean squat. The reason USC is #1 is because they're the best team in their conference. Not the nation. Give them LSU's, Bama's, Auburn's, UT's, Florida's, or UGA's schedule and they'd have a loss. Maybe two. I don't know to whom.

The SEC is the best conference in the land. There's just no other way to explain it.

Not to mention, even had bama gone undefeated, I can't see them jumping Texas. It happened last year. It could happen again. Call me a moron, but I wouldn't have been too upset to see LSU lose, simply because Bama would very likely have gone undefeated. Would the BCS dare to shut out an undefeated SEC team western division from Alabama TWO YEARS IN A ROW?! Good God. There would've been riots.