LSU will not lose more than 2 games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Sep 25, 2010.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm calling it right now - before the West Virginia game. LSU will lose no more than 2 games during the regular season this year.

Florida, Auburn, Alabama, & Arkansas are the teams that will challenge us. I think we at least split these games 50/50, and if I had to call it I'd say we beat UF, Auburn & Bama - finishing with a loss to Arkansas and win the SEC West.

Everybody is down on our offense, but whether you can tell or not, Jefferson is much better. Our OL is much better. Our running game is much better. This offense CAN move the ball when they have to. Every week, the offense gets better and establishing that we can run the ball is going to open up our passing game a bit. We'll be talking about the improvement after this WVU game.

Our defense and special teams are good enough to keep us in every game. The offense will do what they have to. LSU is a BCS quality team this year.

2 people like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm in.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would call that going out on a limb.

We'll revisit in December.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Come on isltltslsls.... make a call - what do you think?

I'm going out on a limb and will happily bring this thread back up after the Arkansas game.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I would say our QB, oline and running game are improving, but not "much better." Our defense and special teams are BCS bowl calibre, but our offense, which includes the guys coaching it, haven't demonstrated this season that they are at that level, IMO.

I admire your cojones to make your prediction at this point, cparso, and I'd have to say I would love a 10-2 record, but I'd be surprised. I may change my tune after tonight.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I picked 9-3 in the preseason poll. I haven't seen anything yet to make me change my mind.

How we play tonight offensively might go a long way to determining what our final record will be.

7. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I picked them 7 - 5 in the poll. I put WVU down as a loss. I NOW think LSU will beat WVU easily. From what I have seen in the 3 games played I would probably go 9-3 today. Special Teams and Defense has been outstanding and have seen some improvement from the offense. If the offense keeps getting better then I could definitely see 10-2.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can see it, but a passing game must emerge. One-dimensional teams do not win in the SEC.

Yep.

Let's say "a bit" better, but still not ready for prime time. 2 TDs and 2 interceptions . . . two games under 100 yards passing . . . we throw fewer passes every game . . . 38% average on passes over 10 yards.

If he can't open up a passing game, teams will stack the box, stifle the running game, and it will be a repeat of 2009.

I hope so, it's time to start playing a balanced offense or we can forget double-digit wins. The O-line, and running backs are certainly doing their jobs so far.

I agree. It's all up to the offense. Defense and special teams are playing championship caliber right now. Offense has to turn the corner and the time is now.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

This game scares me. They have some really fast weapons on offense. I hope The Chief has got a game plan to stop them.

10. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

The SEC speed will make their speed look ordinary.:lol:

Just read an article about WVU's speed on offense and defense. Forget about the SEC speed advantage.:sob: