LSU's chances of hosting a Super Regional 85 %

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jun 5, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I know it's jumping ahead.

Screw it. This team's making it out of this regional.

Both the 1 and 2 seed from the regional we play the winner of have lost.

So either Minnesota or New Mexico will be in the driver's seat come late Saturday night.

And if Stanford takes out CS-Fullerton, then we most certainly host the regional. No way they would let Stanford host over the vaunted LSU program.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

way too early. wasn't impressed with that debacle friday night, the complete collapse, and coaching errors by CPM with regards to pitching. give UCI their credit, but if mainieri goes straight to alsup instead of leaving ross in too long, leaving bert in too long, going with cotton (after not learning his lesson in the SECT,) then going to lasuzzo... etc. he should have went to alsup or bradshaw from the get. and what's up with mainieri not making strides to the mound when he knows he needs to buy time so his pitchers can get warmed? i'm sitting there thinking... "OK, CPM is literally sitting here scratching his ass, GO TO THE MOUND AND BUY A COUPLE MINUTES!" then i see gibbs acting nervous, like he's thinking the same thing. in the mean time, ross walks two more batters.

mainieri could have kept this from going extra innings. i know he's trying to preserve pitching, but he let a four run lead evaporate in seconds before making up a decision with the 'pen. you have GOT to have guys ready to come in. regardless if you want to use them or not. i'm glad we won, but that game was too much like the struggles at the end of the reg season for my liking. of course that is just how CPM is, guess i can't expect it to change. :redface:

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I hate when you make predictions.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Agreed, unless it's for a team I don't like.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I just awoke to find out the scores for the Fullerton regional. I can't believe BOTH Stanford and Fullerton lost! That said, if Stanford wins the regional and LSU wins the UCLA regional, I think they give it to us. However, you can't just discount Stanford. They're also a regular in Omaha, so it's not like it's a no-brainer.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

agreed. he's doing his damnedest to jinx it. all these threads along these lines.

isl, i say this very respectfully......

STOP IT!

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

He did predict the Saints superbowl win VERY early in the season. If that can come true, anything is possible. I like the positive attitude. He just saying what we're all probably thinking. GEAUX TIGERS!!!

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

he gets saint prediction correct but his lsu ones have a history of being not so correct.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Okie, I totally agree!! If he jinxs'em, get ready to meet me somewhere & we'll go take turns beating him silly.....flip a coin to see who gets first punch! :lol:

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. Manieri sucks.