LSU's chances of hosting a super regional

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 13, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Does a sweep of Tennessee put LSU right back into the fold?

I say yes.

I would say LSU would move into the top 10 in all the polls.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Regional, yes. Super Regional, no. I don't think even with a sweep, will move them into the top 10 in the Baseball America (now 16) or Collegiate Baseball (also 16). I think the highest they would go in those two polls would be 11 or 12 considering TN is #9 in Baseball America and #10 in Collegiate Baseball.

LSU is #11 in ESPN poll which could put them in the top 10 in that poll with a sweep, but that one also has TN as 17, so I don't think they would move a lot.

But, that is what I think based on the Tennessee series only. If they sweep TN, MSU, and win the conf. tournament, then hosting a SR is possible.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I doubt if that happens but if it does you could count on a super regional being in Red Stick if it does.

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

It depends on how the regional bids are given out. If the Midwest gets four regionals, there is no way the NCAA cash-attics would allow 2 supers up Yankee way with minimal fan (cash) interest. The Scum are trying to play Maestri into having the Zephyrs move their series the weekend of the Super Regionals.

Right now, I see LSU and the Scum hosting 1st rounds. Oo-La-La heads to New Orleans as the Scums # 2. If LSU closes strong, and I think they will, LSU will be one of the Top 8 seeds. There could be two super regionals in Louisiana, it happens in California annually. As much as I don't care for Willow Street Weenies, they could pull a 6,000 number for a super without having LSU there.

I'll go with the heart, LSU willl host.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

So what if LSU has to win a Super Regional on the road?

The Boston Red Sox won the ALCS last year by being the first team in history to win four straight after losing the first three games.

It's baseball. LSU can look average for the entire regular season and then get RED SOX HOT in the post-season to make a run at winning it all.

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!

6. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

just win baby home or away Tiger fans travel well