LSU's New Special Teams Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Mar 9, 2011.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Some things never change, but it's better than the sound of chirping crickets, I guess.

As to the new hire, it's a Miles hire, I like it.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

You have to remember also that the punter did not do his job despite the instructions he was given. Everyone expected him to kick out of bounds. That's their state of mind. Next thing you know, it's "oh **** Desean Jackson has the frickin ball!" I don't blame coaching there one bit. It's coaching fault that the game was even in reach after being a blowout 10 minutes earlier, but on that play, I blamed the punter. Him not kicking the ball out of bounds completely threw off the formation setting up an easy return. Add that to the fact that Jackson is one of, if not the, most dangerous return man in the game and that's the result you get.

Oh yeah...good hire!

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Rueben Randle unless a faster, shiftier guy shows consistency fielding punts.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Hell, everybody calm down.
    I like the hire, but as with all coaching hires, we are going to have to wait and see how the guy performs.
    Remember, Dinardo’s Tigers beat Saban’s Spartans in Shreveport several years ago.
    I don’t think that makes Dinardo a better head coach than Saban.
    :eek:ldskule:

5. msully

msully Founding Member

Saban has yet to build a team.

Saban has yet to build a team , he did not build the Tigers . He did not build Bama , . He just stepped into a Champioship team. I am not a Saban fan , he is a good coach not great . Look at his record. Each place he took his team from National Champs to # 16 the next season. If he were great they would have stayed in the top 5

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Hmmmm..........interesting

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

It's not just the off season for the football team, it's the off season for board posters also. What we have here between Saban and Twisted is basic spring practice. Like all spring practices the participants work hard but not with the intensity of the real thing. I can't wait for the season to start so the hitting can start for real. That's entertainment!!!:lol:

As for as the hire; pro experience is always a good thing and I like the Houston connection - if it's real. Houston is a natural fit for LSU recruiting. There is a ton of talent here, Houston is a nice geographical fit, and LSU has a strong presence already due to the oil business. We will see how it works out but he has a tough act to follow and he is losing several key pieces. Good thing for him LSU fans are patient. I hope he has a thick skin.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Despite my name, I am not a Saban lover, but, he gets credit for starting us on the road to where we are right now.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

He sure does !!!

Is Miles still winning with Saban's players ???

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Come on Tap, you know a shout out when you see it.