LSU's "Obligation"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Apr 29, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

This morning on New Orleans radio the addition of a 12th football game was on the burner. The dunder- and talking- heads then mentioned how nice it would be if LSU and the Pond Scum would hook up annually IN NEW ORLEANS with rotating home teams. Eventually the idea of the Saints being involved worked into the conversation. I turned off the garbage when it was said "LSU has a MORAL obligation to play in New Orleans!"

I'm in favor of playing New Orleans when the BCS rotation puts the title game in the Sugar Bowl and that is about it. Only after LSU lined the pockets after the 2002 Sugar Bowl did "non-friendly" businesses (GNO Hotel and Motel Association) recast their view of the Tiger faithful. LSU is seen as the great savior after the debacle Florida-Miami 2001 Sugar Bowl. Now, LSU has an obligation?

I'm all for returning the Pond Scum to the schedule, a 3-for-1 or 4-for-1 Tiger Stadium-Superdome (no Tad ever) rotation and a 50/50 ticket split for New Orleans games. But even this has a worm in it... UL-Lafayette is pushing very hard for a "home game" against LSU...in New Olreans. Likewise, LaTech is trying a similar stun for Shreveport.

As a ticket purchaser, contributor, and fan it is NOT my moral obligation fund the slackers insisting on playing big-time football with a D-1AA fan base. Likewise, I see "fans" who pull for the Tigers in football, but another in-state school in other sports as adding to this idea that LSU "owes" every Directional Louisiana university anything. Support YOUR team 100% and put an end to potential legislative dickering with mine!

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

tulame doesnt even deserve our time of day in football....ever.

3. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

If we or obligated to play tulane then they are obligated to put up a good fight!
    But that will never happen.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

exactly. you're talking about a school whose entire football program was on the verge of extinction a couple of years ago. they seriously need to let go of their penis i mean baseball envy.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

We owe New Orleans jack ****

6. OpelousasLSUFan

I don't think we OWE New Orleans ether. All they are going to do is raise the prices on a hotel room when LSU would be there to make more money off of us.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

While YOU may not own New Orleans anything, the state sure does.. its is the #2 convention city in the country. That brings in alot of money to the state. As far as playing the in-state school.. look at it this way, at least you are playing a 1-AA team that will screw your schedule. Also, one LSU "away" game will take care of most of the athletic budget of the other schools in the state, so that is less money that the schools will take from the state budget.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I see your "ULL COLORS" shining through!

Everyone knows you are ULL born and bred. You don't need to keep chiming in on every post.

Nobody here except you supports the directional schools. Nobody here wants to hurt LSU's MNC chances by playing them.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That talk won't even make headlines and will die down until the next moron decides to bring it up. If Tulane had stayed in the SEC and not diminished their program, than it would be good for all concerned if the series were played. Since they decided to become a minor program it is foolish for LSU to even play them IMO since they aren't a state school, if we are going to be a charitable contributor it shouldn't be to a private school.

10. OpelousasLSUFan

I am not against playing instate schools but i am against doing it in a home at home until they can put a competitive team on the field. I am not saying that they have to be a top 25 or 30 team but a team that has a winning record.