LSU's "Obligation"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Apr 29, 2005.

1. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

no no no
    cant take a game out of Tiger Stadium ever

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Actually, I was born right outside of Baton Rouge. I grew up watching LSU, I used to skip school so I could come hang out on campus. The only reason I went to ULL is because my dad had recently been murdered, his income was gone, and I couldnt afford to go to LSU. I look up on the wall above my desk and I have two things hanging there... My degree from ULL and a framed copy of the LSU NC Sports Illustrated. So if you want to question my support of LSU, you can go f*ck yourself. I support ALL schools in Louisiana because, despite most people calling it "the armpit of the U.S.", I am proud to be from Louisiana. The greatest love of my life (dont tell my fiance) is football. I respect anyone who plays the game and wish I could have gone further in it. So I WILL support any Louisiana boy who plays football, whether it be at LSU, ULL, Tulane, or even outside the state. I will also support anything that will help higher education in this state so that we can get out of this very large rutt we are stuck in. Now, while a home game may not seem like much to LSU, to schools like ULL it means that they can keep their I-A status, they can support ALL of their athletic programs, they can keep scholarships for Louisiana boys who otherwise probably wouldnt make a college roster. I know some of these guys, and while many, just like any where else, arent exactly college material, there are many who use this oppurtunity to improve themselves and the people around them. Thats one of the great things about athletics at universities, especially here.. You develope such a close relationship with the area and its people that when you graduate, whether you go on to the pros or not, you usually come back and contribute to the state. There are many businessmen in this state who are former athletes from state universities. Even people who arent from here become attached to this place. I'm not convincing anyone, i just felt the need to rant. whatever.

3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Skip pulled out of the Winn Dixie showdown because the City of Naulins was jacking up the prices of hotels and food. You think he would agree to put the football fans in the same situation? I think not.

4. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

damn i can see that nobody here like New Orleans

I would LOVE to see a LSU vs Tulane in the Superdome. but i know it will never happen. Politics and all kinds of other crap will prevent them from doing this. why not play tulane instead of App St or UL Monroe?

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Welcome to the board JJT! I don't think it's that people here don't like NOLA, it's just that the idea of having an obligation to the city is assinine. And people (rightfully) get testy about moving games from Tiger Stadium.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I love New Orleans.

I just don't feel that we owe them anything

7. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

yea i dont understand why LSU has an obligation to Tulane. But with adding this 12th game doesn't this mean LSU will still have 7 home games? isn't that the amount of home games that LSU needs to have? i thought this is why we don't play many home and home series with other teams becasue we need to have 7 home games

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And we also have to remember that the people who pay the giant bucks for the suites want to be able to see all of the "home" games in those suites where they can buy, sell, and do whatever else they do with their clients.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Whether you support it or not, does NOT make it LSU's obligation. LSU is not a charity. By looking out for it's own needs & it's own students it is helping this state enormously - it's not LSU's fault that the other school's can't support themselves and it's not Louisiana's place to make it LSU's job to support other schools. This is not a welfare system. The better LSU does for itself, the better it will continue to do in the long run & the more incentive there is for LSU to do well. This really boils down to a political debate about whether wealth should be spread around just because it's distributed unequally, regarless of whether one person(school) earned it's larger profit or not.
    Whether you are an LSU fan or not, you obviously have loyalties to ULL. Far be it for me to criticise that, but don't expect any support on this board for ULL or any other school that can't hold it's own weight & wants to rely on LSU.

10. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

love NO
    but taking a game from 93000 to 72000 would be crazy
    The fans would not stand for it LSU fans that is :geauxtige