LSU's "Obligation"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Apr 29, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Exactly. It's a typical liberal issue that liberal colleges and governors throw out. It doesn't hurt that Coach Blanco has his own advocating voice in the governor's office.

Good for you, and I know you were responding to crazysh*t, but I'll just go ahead and say that I'll criticize whomever I want. These directional schools and their uppity ways piss me off to no end.

I am genuinely sorry that you lost your father. However.

ULL Tuition:
    $1,614.00

LSU Tuition:
    $1496.00
    Fees: 710.50

The cost just isn't that different.
    I'll question your support of LSU all I want. Every time there is a stupid story about some two-bit directional school complaining about how LSU this and LSU that, and we deserve to play LSU, and we want money from LSU, you are the first one to chime in championing the cause. Smacks of non-LSU support to me.

The problem with our state is not higher education, as much as a lot of people wuld like to believe. The problem is the public elementary and secondary school system. The teachers are held to very low standards and the kids are very stupid coming out. Too many dumb kids are going to college and further dumbing THEM down because the college wants to say they give out high average GPAs. (I'm sorry, but when the highest grade in the class is 45 there is a problem.)

2000 Census figures:

Baton Rouge: 227,818
    Lafayette: 110,257

Required attendance to meet D1-A: 15,000

Lafayette has plenty of people to meet a paltry 15,000. It's THEIR job to attend games, not LSU's.

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

This sounds to me like Tulane and the rest of LA politics are realizing that LSU
    is becoming a powerhouse thats making a lot of money. These higher ups see this and know they can make money off of LSU. What a better way under a blanket of politics to have LSU play Tulane and make money off of it?

This situation seems very shady...

You can just smell the jealousy...

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

With the new rule that states that I-AA schools count as a win per season, it wouldnt be horrible to play Tulane. They are basically I-AA. lol. I'd rather see LSU rotate Dome and Tiger Stadium with Tulane then have them play against crap like Appy State. Atleast there is the rivalry factor. LSU will always win, bragging rights remain, everyones happy. Also, with the new rule, LSU should try to fill that 12th game at home with an in state school. I dont see any reason why an Appy State should come in when we could keep the money in LA and help out smaller schools who dont really "compete" with LSU become better. They could make money and improve facilities or whatever the case may be. It's not like these teams are honest competitors. Also, I think theres more interest in and LSU/ULL or LSU/ULM matchup as opposed to LSU/Appy State or LSU/ Western Ill.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Amen! Alleluia! That's the ONE thing that ticks me off the most. Whever I used to go to Lafayette wearing LSU gear, I'd get NOTHING but empty stares. However, 2003 changed that. Whenever I go to Lafayette now days, I see more LSU garb-wearing-imbeciles than I would expect to see in Tiger Stadium on a Saturday. :po: It's all good if they actually support the university, but just wait until LSU starts having 5,6, or 7 win seasons...

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Maybe I just missed something, but this would be good how?

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Lord I hope not, I can tell you aren't an LSU fan there ole Scappy. We want good games. A UL-0L instead of a Appl. St, ok. But we really don't want any of them.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Actually, when i started school it was about 900 at ULL and about 1600 at LSU.. which means since i was paying out of pocket for my expenses, that is a big difference.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I understand. I mean I dont want to see any of them here either. I'd rather see a game with a real team. But, it'll be tough to get good teams in and therefore you'll have to get a crappy team as always. Why not help out some of the smaller schools in state and play them.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Another thing... you would think that all of these schools would have learned a lesson from playing LSU. ULM, Tulane, ULL, and La Tech.. They were ALL drummed...

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We're hoping the 12th games means good home and home series with teams like OU.