Mack Brown Coached at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jan 27, 2004.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Don't know if many Tiger fans know this but in 1982(The Orange Bowl Year) Mack was our QB coach.

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

well now i know why we played such excellent football in the beginning, only to blow it in the end that year

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Didn't we lose that game?:D

4. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

:cuss:

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

LMAO

[​IMG]

6. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Mack Brown was the QB coach and offensive coordinator that year. I thought he did an excellent job for LSU, putting together an offense that took advantage of Alan Risher's mobility at quarterback, the two great freshmen running backs and the athletic wide receivers. LSU's offense that year was exciting and potent.

Yes, toward the end of the year the wheels seemed to come off the offense.To this day I don't know what happened in the Tulane game. In the Orange Bowl LSU lost to a very good Nebraska team.

When Brown left to coach Tulane he immediately became damaged goods in my book. But I do respect the job he did that one year at LSU. If anyone remembers our offense the following year you would agree that Mack Brown was sorely missed.

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Actually, Mack Brown was a very good QB coach for us in 1982, his only year with the tigers. The tigers had losing seasons in 1981 & 1983. In 1982, LSU had one tie & I believe 3 losses for a total of 7 or 8 points. We were only 8 points from a perfect season. Stovall is a wonderful man & a great recruiter, but only an average head coach. Mack Brown definitely helped the offense when he wes here.

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

There was also a push to hire him as head coach at one time.

9. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

Wow. Maybe that is a good sign. At the press conference for the hiring of the defensive coordinators and DE coach, Mack said that he was fed up with Texas' poor offense and was going to take more control of it this year.