Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

March Madness

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 18, 2013.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

It's a bar in the Houston area that coordinates everything and their bracket game grew in size over the past couple of decades through word of mouth. I had only been doing it for the past 5 years but got so hooked that now I'm going to really miss it.

Technically, you were supposed to have a teammate (so really only $50/each) so that you could blame them if your picks didn't go as planned.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member

Interesting pool rules. I like the straight up points per round and seed points. So in round 1 you get 1 point plus seed of winning team. 2pts plus seed in round 2. continues on to 4pts, 8pts, 16pts, 32pts for champion plus seed. That way later rounds get the respect they deserve and others who want to pick upsets get awarded the seed points to make it interesting.
  3. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

Mastermind, your Gonzaga doubts sure seem justified now, don't they? And much respect to Southern; they did themselves proud today.
    LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

My bracket is a lop of donkey shit.
    fanatic likes this.
  5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Same here. Who would have figured Harvard beating New Mexico?
  6. Seaward

Seaward Fear have you?

I had New Mexico out the next round anyway so that didn't hurt too bad. What hurt was Okla St, I had seen them play a few times this year and did not see Oregon kicking their ass the way they did. I had them beating St. Louis in the next round so that part of my bracket is screwed
    GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. northernvatiger

Or Florida Gulf Coast knocking out Georgetown! Who actually picked Harvard AND Florida Gulf Coast??
  8. northernvatiger

My other school is VCU -- here's hoping the Rams stomp Michigan today on the way to another Final Four run.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Close - they only lost by 25. :D

Kind of like me having Georgetown in the final four. I also had Wisconsin in the elite 8, so that's half my bracket is shot on just 2 games.
  10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

Man this guy was on to something.