Marshall vs. Akron

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 5, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Anyone ever see a bigger meltdown to lose a game than the one by Marshall right now? (aside from a Saints game :grin: )

Providing Akron hits this 43 yard field goal and converts this gift of an opportunity form Marshall.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, Akron did it. Never seen anything like this... 3 mins to go and Marshall is winning 28-14.

Akron proceeds to score touchdown and then gets onside kick.

Akron scores second touchdown on 4th and 10, an amazing catch in corner of endzone to tie game 28-28.

With 47 secs Marshall gets ball back. Marshall goes three and out. Marshall kicker bobbles the snap and fumbles.

Akron recovers with 6 seconds left.

Akron kicks field goal as time expires. 31-28. Ballgame.

3. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

Man...I wish I had seen that. I flipped to ESPN and saw it was 28-14 with about 4 minutes left, figured it was over, and kept going. :mad:

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I caught the very end of the game. Did I hear the announcers correctly? Did they say that the punter who drop the snap and set up the game winner was also the field goal kicker and missed all 3 FG attempts in that game. Sucks to be him! Man, I thought that the OSU kicker was a serious goat in our first game. It is pretty amazing that anyone could feel even worse!

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Man, the mob must've had his girlfriend :wink: What a choke by Marshall.....and to think that Marshall took UGA the distance.

A tip of the cap to the Zips :thumb:

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Glad to here about it. I'm still upset that Marshall backed out of our game last year.