Mauck has the knowledge and work ethic....his talent is adequate!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TNT, Oct 13, 2003.

1. TNT

TNT Founding Member

Compare this to the "unconscionable talent" and poor work ethic he has alongside him. You'll have the true picture. Several of our guys have "pro contracts locked up". We need team effort and spirit. Mauck has that quality. What yall beotching about when it comes to Mauck? He's led us to a SEC-CG and a 10-2 record between injuries. This does not take into account the CRAP he's probably having to put up with at practice and on the "sidelines".
    It's not a "Maypole Dance" fellas. Mauck has done and IS DOING HIS JOB. We need to apply "standards"...."REAL FRICKING STANDARDS" to those who continue to "play when it suits them!" But, when you consider the "clueless profile" it makes one feel like the "proverbial voice in the wilderness." It's "Freaking Futile" really. Keep wishing.........AND YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU WISH FOR AND I DON'T RELISH RETURNING TO THIS POINT. If you are still clueless...rewind the tapes to the Florida game of last year when Mauck went down to the Lisfranc Injury...OK? Sheeeeeeeeeesssshhhhh!!!!!!:cuss:

2. SEN

SEN Founding Member

Come on, man, you said the same thing about our basketball team last year. You said that Dupree and Co. were too busy worrying about their pro contracts and that would be LSU's downfall.

LSU's loss Saturday was a team effort. No single team member is exempt from blame. Mauck, Clayton, Addai, All of them are to blame.

It's a mindset we have at LSU. We did not come out to be fans, the team did not come out ready to dominate Florida for 60 minutes. It's time to accept our failure and move on.

3. TNT

TNT Founding Member

With all the talent these guys possess do you honestly believe their heart/effort...

..matched their talent? I certainly do not. You can believe what you want. I have played sports. Consistency is an EFFORT Sir. If the effort is not there, what can the reason be? I guess some players just don't think they NEED to give it their best....in this past Saturday's case WITH VERY MUCH AT STAKE! What is THAT?
    I think is lack of focus/effort/loyalty/and anything that makes me doubt the sincerity of someone who represents an institution I care about VERY MUCH. Senatah...if that offends you, I cannot say I'm apologetic. UH HUH:angry:

PS..Like so many people today, some are too afraid to confront the truth and people who hold us hostage to their whim. I HAVE to accept what these dudes did on Saturday...and I resent the fact that we are "literally beholden" to their whimsicalities.:shock: :shock:

4. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Guys, we played terrible and lost ONE game. We are still a very good team, with a great coach. Calm down. They boys did not show up Sat. and they learned a valuble lesson. If they make the same mistake this week, they get mad. You have to learn from your mistakes and I hope that this team learns from the big one they made this past weekend. All week Saban said that this team was like a wounded animal and that they were dangerous. The players did not heed his advice and they got their buts kicked. Move on and learn from this.