Mauck?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by texascajun, Aug 3, 2003.

1. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Personally, I like the guy. I think adversity will only serve to make him a better player. I am not as worried as some fans about QB play this year. I know Mauck isn't known for the deep ball. But, speed kills. He has proved to be a squirmy type of QB. With the speed we have with the recievers and backs LSU should be able to make some short or dump passes and let the athletes make the play. Our offense has the potential to be really explosive.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I think Mauck is good enough to lead LSU to a great season. i dont think he is great but he doesnt need to be. he just needs to stay consistent and get the WR's the ball. They are fast enough to make things happen.

3. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

I agree southlink02. He doesn't need to be great. All he has to do is be consistant and our other player's talent will make plays.

4. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Wasn't the Florida game last year Mauck's 6th game?? The two years with Jimbo and his big game experience should not be overlooked. He has loads of talent and his maturity should be a huge asset for this team. GREAT receiving corps and a huge and talented O-line should make his job much easier. I think we will have at least one running back that will step forward or worst case we will do running back by committee. If Mauck does not hurt us we will do fine. If he shines then we are looking at big things.

If he stays healthy, Mauck is the man for 2003.

5. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

I agree as well. Not enough can be said for maturity and experience. I think Mauck was 5-1 before the injury.

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I hope Mauck is LSU's version of Jay Barker.