Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Memories other people have of you

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by lsu99, Nov 18, 2013.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I was realizing recently that most of the people that I knew in middle/high school and college were only casual friends or aquaintances and my memories of them are limited to a handful of memories. Even though I had multiple classes with them and probably spent a lot of actual time hanging out, only a few memories for each person exist a decade or two later.

It made me ponder the question of what they remember about me. Probably not the same memories and likely some that I have completely forgotten. It would be a good experiment (maybe for FB or something) but I'm taking the lazy route and briefly mentioning it here.
  2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me?

A friend of mine posted a newspaper article on FB last week from 1978 about an Explorer Scout district Olympics. It mentioned me winning silver in the 50m backstroke, silver in the 880 yd run and gold in table tennis. I have no recollection of this.

An ex girlfriend from 1975 told me some of the asshole things I did to her in 1975. Again, zero recollection. :-(
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Mine would probably say

"Oh you have a daughter now, how fitting because you were an asshole that treated your girlfriends like a piece of meat, congrats". Or "wow you run a staffing agency, thought you'd be growing weed in California by now"
  4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Regretfully, I've had a couple of people tell me how badly I hurt their feelings when we were in our youth. I was always the funny guy in Jr. High and High School and many times it was at other people's expense. Now that I know how hurtful it was, I wish I wouldn't have done it. I was pretty relentless at times.

It's like the whole "bullying" issue. I truely believe that the "bully" sometimes has no idea the damage that he is doing to the kid that he is bullying.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Yeah it depends on who you would ask, Teachers may still run if they saw me coming. I was pretty hard on them. Friends would still be friends, not many that I didn't get along with other than the guys that mixed it up a few times with. Those guys probably still want a shot at the title.
    TigersTailgating likes this.
  6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

At my ten year reunion a couple different girls who had shot me down in high school told me they regretted it. One of my good friends overheard one of these conversations and commented to me, "I bet you don't regret it, look how fat she got." I got a good chuckle out of that.
    shane0911 likes this.
  7. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

I was overly shocked at my 10 yr HS reunion at how out of shape a majority of the people I went to school with were. I did however see a girl I used to sit by and copy off lit tests from my senior year... she got really hot.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

You're really surprised by that? Wait until your 25th.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

I've not been to one of mine. Maybe one day, if they hold it some place cool. It isn't worth going back to New Iberia just for that. Vegas I'd probably go.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My 25th is a week from Saturday. Can't wait. :)
    fanatic likes this.