Met one of Miles' OSU players today...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StaceyO, Jul 28, 2006.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was at physical therapy today up here in Plano (I had knee surgery in June). On the table next to me was this really tall guy, so I asked him how tall he was (6'8"). He saw my LSU baseball cap and said, "You guys took our coach."

Turns out, he played DT for Miles in '01 and '02 @ OSU. That started a nice discussion, and he kept saying, "Miles is a really good coach."

So, I asked, "He's a really nice guy?"

"Yeah, he's a nice guy--off of the football field. But @ practice and games, you'd better watch out."

I mentioned that many LSU fans felt he might be a little too nice, especially compared to Saban. He replied, "If Saban was any tougher than Miles, I'd be shocked. He just has two totally different personas."

Not that the conversation amounts to much, but I thought some of you guys might find it interesting.

2. JerryOdom

JerryOdom Founding Member

That is pretty interesting.

Funny thing is that Miles could get rid of that "too nice" feeling by simply freaking out over something once or twice a game. Maybe throw something or slap a kicker around.

3. StaceyO

It sounded like he "layed down the law" in practice more than any place else.

He also had some fun things to say about beating OU his junior and senior years.

4. clair

clair Rockets

Well, he threw his hat on the ground, and slammed his headset against UGA in the SECCG... No one talks about it, b/c it's funner to talk about the stuff he doesn't do, rather than what he does do

I personally like him just as much as Nick

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

i expect to see him be a little more vocal and animated in his second year....hopefully not because any losses either...

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Stacey, can you give us a name?

Thanks for the report.

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I've had the pleasure of getting to know Les Miles away from the "spotlight" of being the LSU head coach. Not to sound cheesy, but I truly believe that Les Miles is an outstanding human being. He is a great husband, father and friend and truly cares about people. The whole reason I was able to meet him was because of his compassion for a friend of mine's son who was injured in an accident and the subsequent relationship that Coach Miles went out of his way to develop. I've also talked to a former assistant of mine who works in the Ath. Dept. at Okie State, an OSU alum and a big booster not about Miles or LSU, but to a man each went out of their way to talk about Miles and what a great man and coach he is. I know this sounds like a Les love-fest and in a way I guess it is, but again I truly believe that Miles' coaching prowess will always be surpassed as his goodness as a man.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he was just trying to bend the bill on it to no avail.

9. StaceyO

Sorry! I didn't catch his name. I didn't want to act like I was glomming onto him--though he was a good-looking guy, even though I'm at least 10 years older than he is!

10. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

:hihi: