Miami Herald Sports Writer Disses LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BhamTigerFan, Feb 10, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Why is everyone saying such negative things about Miami? Knowing how to lie, cheat, steal, smuggle, manipulate and take drugs without getting caught are all important skills in today's world.

2. Crackle

Crackle Founding Member

There is no entrance exam. I am going through the process right now. You need an 20 on the ACT and at least a 2.8 GPA. This is also on a sliding scale ( 21 ACT - 2.7 GPA ). The only testing that I know of is Spring testing, and the only people who take those exams have at least a 25 on the ACT with a 3.5 GPA.

Lata,
    Crackle

3. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

Anybody know miami's incarceration %? Somewhere around 29% sounds about right.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I think the fact that Willie Williams is NOT going to end up there is going to drag down UM's average. If I recall from other posts on this board (3.0 GPA)he hits the books as hard as he hits the streets.

5. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

I read another article somewhere but I lost the link. Coach Saban mentioned our recruit class average GPA has steadily went up. His first class GPA average in low 2 & 2004 class GPA average is 3.0. A 3.0 average for student athletic is very scary considering these young men have to spend extra time for football activity. One 2004 signee’s GPA is 4.1 with ACT score of 32. He can go to any IVY league schools.

In short, Coach Saban gets what he wants.